Firework Night Inspired Makeup Tutorial

With the 5th November approaching, I decided it was time to create a Firework themed tutorial suitable for the occasion. This look is dramatic meets bright and uses vibrant colours with darker shades and I also wanted to add a few rhinestones to replicate the sparkles of fireworks.

The first thing to do is apply your base and I applied a white eyeliner as a base too. This is to help the brighter colours pop.
I am doing a cut crease for this look. Using a precise tip brush, trace out your crease using a matte black eye shadow. Don't worry if the line is messy or uneven, it just needs to be a guideline. Draw a triangle on the outer corner similar to what we did for the Jasmine tutorial.
I used a precise fluffy brush to gently smoke the black out and then I used a blending brush and a tiny amount of black to fluff out the crease. I filled in the triangle and smoked that out as well. Blend this all the way into the inner corner but leave a small gap for later.
To neaten the black and make it more wearable, take a makeup wipe and just wipe away any colour that is smudged or where it shouldn't be. I created a sharp line with the makeup wipe that is extending from the outer corner. 
The first bright colour I am using is a pink-red colour and using a precise eyeshadow brush, fill in the outer third of the lid.
Then repeat the same with an orange on the centre third of the lid.
Finish with a yellow in the inner third and blend the colour together as you go so they transition into each other.
Using a matte midnight blue shade, use a precise fluffy brush and apply this in the inner corner and blend around the yellow to meet the black. Gently blend the blue and black for a seamless line.
Then apply winged eyeliner where the wing follows the line of the eyeshadow and follows the entire lash line. Make sure the line gets thinner as it gets towards the inner corner.
After curling my lashes and applying mascara, I used these Festival lashes from the P.S. Love range and just applied these because they had rhinestones on them.
I also stuck a silver rhinestone on the inner corner and a line of gold and silver rhinestones from the outer corner.
For my lips I used a simple red shade

I hope you guys enjoyed this tutorial and let me know what you think of it!

SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review