B. Makeup Brush Cleanser

The B. Makeup Brush Cleanser is a new and exclusive product to Superdrug and retails for £4.99. This is a conditioning brush cleanser that disinfects and cleans cosmetic brushes.

This product is a 125ml bottle and the packaging claims that this has a gentle formula and is anti-bacterial. This gentle formula is suitable for both natural and synthetic haired cosmetics brushes and is perfect to use on your brushes everyday. This is also scientifically proven to remove bacteria that builds up in makeup brushes.
 This is a spray bottle and the directions say that you need to spray 2-3 pumps directly on the brush hairs and massage into a tissue. It also directs you to repeat as necessary with a clean tissue until bristles are completely clean. It doesn't say that you need to rinse the bristles either. The bristles need to air dry before the next use.
 I selected some different brushes and a makeup sponge to see the effects of this cleanser.
 This is the Real Techniques Face Brush after it has been cleaned. I had only used this brush once so there was not that much foundation on it anyway, and I used about 3 sprays for this brush because of the size of it. I swirled this in a tissue for about 30 seconds and it was completely clean and looked like a new brush. Use some thicker tissue though, otherwise you could end up with bits of tissue in the bristles.
 This is the No 7 Blending Brush before using the cleanser.
 I used two sprays at first and followed the directions but for this brush I needed to repeat it again and this is the end result.
 This is the Real Techniques Shading Brush before being cleaned.
For this brush, I used two sprays and followed the directions and found that was enough.
 
This brush cleanser doesn't have a strong scent but it does have some kind of soft anti-bacterial scent. This is better for spot-cleaning brushes after using them rather than a deep-cleansing product. Overall, I like this product for that reason, and I think it's really effective for quickly removing makeup from your brushes and keeping them clean from bacteria. I left them to dry by an open window and they dried quite fast which is great. It didn't really do anything for the makeup sponge but this is a really great product to travel with, because you don't need to rinse the bristles afterwards. I find this really useful for when I'm doing makeup on other people, it easily fits in the bottom of my makeup case and I can literally clean brushes in between uses and it won't affect the results. I think it's great value for money and I will definitely repurchase it.
 
However, I prefer using these with cotton pads rather than tissue because they're a bit thicker and with tissue I ended up with bits of paper stuck in the bristles which wasn't good. I'm definitely going to get some larger cotton pads for the face brushes. I also found it a little bit of a challenge to spray this onto the bristles accurately. Sometimes it ended up on the top of the handle, sometimes it ended up on the desk so I feel like being in control of where the product is spraying is a bit more of a challenge because I couldn't see where the nozzle was in comparison to the bristles if that makes sense. I hold the bottle about 5cm away from the bristles to get the best distribution of the cleaner and I find this works.
 
What is your favourite brush cleaner?
 
SparkleEyes x

Comments

  1. My wife has been having a really hard time with being able to get her brushes clean after we go to date night or any other special occasions where she would put makeup on. Her birthday is around the corner though so being able to think of something that would be able to take the stress out of cleaning. I personally really like that you mentioned how this kind of cleaner might require a little trial and error to ensure that it is able to get everything off. Thank you for sharing this great idea. http://brushpearl.com/products/brushpearltm-cleaner-and-brushpearltm-4-oz-cleanser.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for the comment! Cleaning makeup brushes is a massive chore and as someone who has a lot of makeup brushes, I am always finding more efficient ways of cleaning them. Personally I use this brush cleaner after each use, on a daily basis, to make sure the excess makeup has been dissolved. Yes, it does take a few tries to completely clean the brush but it will get the majority of excess makeup off. In the long run, this is better than leaving them dirty as it will prevent the spread of bacteria. Then each week I set aside some time to deep clean the bristles using a brush shampoo. There are lots of varieties of brush shampoos on the market from different brands, although I have never heard of that product you have linked. It is very pricey although if you believe your wife would benefit from this a lot more then I believe it could be worth the investment. Otherwise I recommend just using a brush shampoo, or even a regular shampoo, to clean makeup brushes. It's time consuming, but effective.

      Hope that helps :)

      SparkleEyes

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review