Sleek Forces of Nature i-Divine Palette

I'm always so excited to see the newest Sleek palette and I'm starting to get a little collection of them because I think they always look gorgeous and are so unique with the theme and the latest one is called 'Force of Nature' and this is a limited edition palette which retails at £7.99. 

The packaging of the box is very artistic looking and I think it represents the theme of the palette really well. It mainly features deep purple and green which I really like the contrast between. The colour theme is described as 'lilac and woody taupe that reflect a landscape of hope, fun, fantasy and all things natural.'
Like every other Sleek palette the case is the same and it has the name of the palette printed on the bottom right corner.
Inside there is a large built in mirror and a plastic sheet with the names of the shadows.
The palette a range of very natural earthy colours including some purples, a few greens and some more neutral tones. I can definitely see colours perfect for transitioning, blending and highlighting. The finish of the shadows are pretty much all matte so it fits in with that natural earthy theme. I actually like that the bold colours in this palette are matte because I seem to have a lot of all-matte eye shadow palettes which are mainly all neutral brown tones so I like that this has brighter and deeper shades with no shimmer or sparkle.
The textures of each shadow has a really nice smooth consistency and don't seem to be at all crumbly. They are super soft to the touch and blend out nicely. Also included in the palette is a duo ended sponge tip applicator. The pigmentation of them is so gorgeous, they are all really opaque and vibrant.
Top Row: From left to right the shades are:
Sunrise: a muted yellow shade
Cloudburst: a bright violet purple
Whirlwind: dusty apricot shade
Dawn: muted earthy brown shade
Mist: soft mocha brown shade
Moonbeam: a light off-white colour
Bottom Row: From Left to Right the shades are:
Twilight: deeper violet colour
Lightning: a bright lilac shade
Thunder: a darker purple
Borealis: a vibrant blue-green shade
Sandstorm: a neutral sandy brown
Sunset: a beautiful vibrant violet purple
I absolutely love the colour pay off and the intensity of the shades especially 'Sunset' and 'Borealis'. The shades are perfect Autumn colours. For the tutorial I went with quite a bold purple eye with a pop of green along the lower lash line.
I'm starting off by applying an eye shadow primer and a white eyeliner base on the lids to prevent the shadows from creasing. The first shade I am using is 'Sandstorm' and I am blending this all the way through the crease using a large blending brush.
 The next shade I am using is 'Twilight' and I am patting this all over the lid apart from the inner corner of the lid.
Then I am mixing 'Sunset' and 'Mist' and using a tapered blending brush to blend this colour through the crease to soften the distinction between the lid and crease colour.
 With a pencil brush, I am mixing 'Cloudburst' and 'Thunder' and applying this directly into the outer V of the eye and blending into the lid and crease shades. Then with a makeup wipe I am creating a sharp edge against the edge of the shadow.
 Next I am taking 'Dawn' and 'Moonbeam' and to soften the edges of the shadow and to transition to highlight on the brow bone.
On the lower lash line, I am lining the inner half of the lower lash line with 'Sunrise' and then I am applying 'Borealis' to the outer half of the lash line. Be sure to blend the two shades together.
 Then I am just applying some winged liner to the upper lash line. To finish off the eyes, curl your lashes and apply mascara.


What do you think of this palette?
 
SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review