Jessie J 'Flashlight' (from Pitch Perfect 2) Inspired Makeup Tutorial

Today's tutorial is inspired by Jessie J's music video of 'Flashlight' from the film Pitch Perfect 2. The film comes out on DVD very soon and I watched this music video and I absolutely loved her makeup. In the video, Jessie has two different makeup looks, one is very neutral and one is almost a dramatic neutral smoky eye with a bold darker red lip so I have recreated an inspired makeup look in this post. 
Begin by applying an eye primer and white eyeliner base all over the lids and blend out for a smooth base. I am using the Smashbox Full Exposure palette for this look.
 As my first transitional colour, I am using the shade 'M2' from the Smashbox Full Exposure palette and using a fluffy blending brush to blend this all the way through the crease and blending towards the brow bone.
 Then with the shade 'M1', I am blending this in the crease but not taking it too far up because I want that gradient with the two shades.
 Then I am mixing 'M1' and 'M7' and creating a cut crease style look and I am precisely blending this directly in the crease.
 Using a concealer brush, I am patting 'S4' all over the lid in a nice opaque layer.
 Then I am just going back in with 'M1' and 'M7' and redefining the crease and blending this in a triangle shape on the outer corner.
 Using the Smashbox Jet Set Gel Liner and lining my upper lash line and winging it out. I am making this line quite bold and keeping it as thin as possible on the inner half of the lash line and gradually getting thicker.
 With a black kohl pencil I am lining my lower waterline.
 Using a dense smoky eye brush I am blending out the black with 'M2' and 'M1' until I get the desired smoky effect. Then I curled my lashes, applied mascara and added some false lashes. Don't forget to dot some light nude eyeshadow in the inner corners to brighten the eye.
 On my lips I used MUA Lip Liner in Brooding Plum and Elizabeth Arden Lip Stick in Cassis. For blush I used a shade from the Makeup Revolution Hot Spice Blush Palette.
 
 
 
SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review