Urban Decay Shadow Box

Urban Decay is one of those brands that I like but I very rarely purchase something from, the last time I bought something from there was the Naked Smokey palette which I absolutely adore, and as a little pay-day/Christmas treat for myself I decided to pick up the Shadow Box Palette and this was quite a spontaneous purchase. It costs £23 and is 'loaded with a DOZEN of their most amazing shades'.
I read some reviews about this palette after I bought it and a lot of them criticised how different the shadows in this palette are to the originals. I haven't tried any of these Urban Decay eye shadows before so I honestly can't say how much of a difference they have to the originals, this is just what I think of the palette itself and the shadows that are presented within it.  
After taking the palette out of the box, I was so amazed with how amazing the packaging looks! It is mainly purple and looks incredibly artistic and stylish and has the Urban Decay name and logo in silver.
When you open the palette, which closes by a magnet, you see twelve eye shadow shades; nine are bestsellers and three are never seen before shades. There is a diverse range of shades from purple to green to blue to smoky colours.
I honestly think this is the most random bunch of colours in this palette, there isn't any specific theme but all the shades are super gorgeous colours, full of sparkle, apart from the one matte shade. They say you can do a purple eye, a green eye, a smoky eye or a shimmery eye!
Sin is a shimmery soft champagne pink with micro glitter
Indo is a bright emerald green shimmer
Bordello is a pale mauve shimmer with a gold micro glitter
Flash is an iridescent purple shimmer
Mushroom is a warm shimmery grey
Lost is a medium metallic brown shimmer
Tornado is a deep shimmery purple
Smog is a deep coppery bronze shimmer
Blackout is the blackest matte black
Freelove is a golden peach shimmer
Moonshadow is a bright navy blue sparkle
Baked Cowboy is a golden bronze shimmer
The swatches from left to right are Sin, Indo, Bordello, Tornado, Smog, Blackout, Flash, Mushroom, Lost, Freelove, Moonshadow and Baked Cowboy. The shadows are highly pigmented, beautifully opaque and aren't at all blotchy. Apart from that one incredibly matte black shade, each one is packed full of sparkle. They apply and blend effortlessly with no fall out and last for hours. 
 I just did a really quick look using some of the shades so you can see how they wear, blend and look like together. I started by applying 'Flash' in the crease and then deepening it with 'Tornado' before packing 'Baked Cowboy' on the lid. Then I created a gradient on the lid by packing 'Lost' on the outer half of the lid and blending the two shades together. Next I precisely blended 'Blackout' into the crease to give some depth and the dotted 'Sin' in the inner corner. Then I lined the lower lash line with 'Mushroom' and 'Moonshadow'
For someone who hasn't had any Urban Decay Eye Shadows before, I actually quite like this palette. I absolutely love the shade 'Blackout' and this has to be the blackest matte black ever! I think this palette is great for those of you who are like me and haven't used UD shadows before. I honestly don't think there is anything 'wrong' or 'bad' about this palette, in fact it is probably up there with my better quality palettes.
 
Beth x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review