Makeup May: Sun is in the Sky

Today's Makeup May tutorial uses Urban Decay Shadows to create a smoky eye makeup look with a pop of colour. This look is inspired by the Winter into Spring transition where the sun starts to peep through the dark clouds.

From the Naked Smokey Palette from Urban Decay I am using 'Combust' as my first transitional shade in the crease to help with the blending of the darker shades.
All over the lid I am patting the shade 'Password' and making sure it reaches the previous shade so it can all blend together.
To blend the shades together and to add some extra depth I am blending 'Dagger' into the crease and taking it about halfway into crease.
For a little extra intensity I am blending 'Black Market' into the outer corner and fluffing it out really well so it goes really smokey.
On the lower lash line, I took 'Black Market' mixed with 'Dagger' and smudged this along the outer half of the lower lash line. For a balance in texture I lined the inner half of the lash line with the Collection Glam Crystal Liner in 'Hustle' and then dotted 'Baked Cowboy' from Urban Decay Shadow Box on the inner corner to add some warmth and a pop of colour.
Then to finish off I lined my upper lash line with a flick at the outer corner and lined my waterline with Maybelline Gel Eyeliner, curled my lashes and applied mascara.

What do you think of this look? Check back on Friday for the next makeup look!
 
Beth x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review