Festival Inspired Makeup Tutorial

Hey guys, welcome back! I hope you have had a super fab week and enjoying the nice sunny weather we have been having! Today's tutorial is a festival inspired makeup look using the MUA Cosmetics Tropical Oceana Palette. I think with a festival makeup look, anything goes, but I wanted to make it bright, fun and something that would stand out. I also had to bring in some glitter and rhinestones to make it extra glamourous!


I am starting by applying a base to give the eyeshadow something to hold on to for it to last all through the day. The first shade I am using is the second pink on the second row and buffing this into my crease as my first transitional shade.
I then jumped forward to a lid shade and this one is the shimmery dark purple on the third row.
To help blend the colours together, I am using the hot pink shade on the second row in the crease between the two shades to soften the join and to eliminate the harsh line.
Then I am just adding some depth with the matte purple on the third row and blending away and harsh lines again.
I then took a light liquid concealer on a flat concealer brush and carved out two-thirds of my crease.  
Over the top of the concealer while it was still a little bit tacky I patted about three layers of loose silver glitter on top. I then blended some of the blue shade from the palette over the cut crease line on the lid.
I used the same liquid concealer to make a sharp line with the eyeshadow at the outer corner of my eyes - I prefer this way than using tape as it is easier to do.
After I have done the eyes, I am moving onto the face. I applied a sheer layer of foundation and then did some dot-to-dot contouring using the NYX Sculpt and Highlight Face Duo and then blended it all out with my makeup sponge.
I added a little bit of bronzer and highlighter as well just to accentuate my features and to reflect the light.
I wanted to get a bit more creative so I used the same eye shadow colours on my cheekbones all blended into a gradient. I used the liquid concealer and a precise lip brush to draw this swirl pattern over the top.  
Then since it is a festival look, I added some rhinestones along my brows.
Moving onto lips, I used a candyfloss pink shade to match the eyes and patted some loose glitter over the top.
The final step is to apply some false lashes and mascara.

I hope you guys liked the finish look, its a different festival look to what you usually see floating around the internet. If you have done a festival makeup look this year, then please link it below; I'd love to see what you would wear to a summer festival!
 
Beth x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review