Beauty and the Beast Inspired Cupcakes

Be my guest.. be my guest... put these cupcakes to the test! In honour of the upcoming release of the highly-anticipated live action remake of Beauty and the Beast starring Emma Watson, I made these Belle-inspired cupcakes, each decorated with a handmade fondant rose. I made mine a salted caramel flavour but they are so versatile that you can choose any flavour you want; lemon would compliment the theme nicely, chocolate would make an amazing contrast or even red velvet will match the red rose. Either way, these cupcakes are super easy to make and look so elegant and are perfect for any occasion. I am also going to demonstrate how to make a rose out of fondant icing in this post as well.

To make these you will need a batch of 12 cupcakes and a batch of buttercream icing, both the recipes for these can be found right here on my blog; click here for the cupcake recipe and here for the buttercream. You will also need some red fondant icing to make the roses and whatever other decorations you would like to use.
Bake your cupcakes first of all and while they are cooling it is the perfect time to make the roses. You could make them a few hours in advance, just carefully place cling film over them or keep them in an airtight container to prevent them from drying out. Cut a section of the fondant off and break it into five pieces; four balls of equal size and a long sausage shape.
I find the easiest way is to take a clear plastic wallet, cut one side so that it opens like a book and place each piece on the bottom. Fold the top of the wallet over and use your thumb to shape the ball shapes into petals and the sausage shape into a long flat oblong shape. Carefully peel off the plastic wrap.
Take the long flat piece and roll it up to from a curl - this will be the centre of the rose.
Then take one petal at a time and just attach it to the centre, folding it round to fit the shape. Take the next piece and make sure it overlaps the first one and repeat until you have used either 3 or 4 petals and are happy with the result. Gently pull the tops of each petal away to make it more of an open rose but be careful not to tear it off. Let them set before placing them on your cupcakes.
You can now whip up a batch of buttercream icing. I dyed mine a vivid yellow colour to match Belle's dress and used a star tip nozzle to pipe a swirl onto each cupcake. Make sure the cakes are completely cool before icing.
I then placed some silver pearls on the cupcakes and I also found white and yellow flowers with a silver ball on the centre. I placed one of each colour just on the side and then crowned each cupcake with one of the roses right on the top.
 
So I hope you guys liked these cupcakes, I am so excited for the film release. For anyone who knows me I am massively obsessed with Disney and the live action remake looks amazing. These cupcakes are super easy to make and they look awesome, I am so glad with how they turned out.
 
Will you be going to see the new Beauty and the Beast film?
 
Beth x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review