April 2016: Products I'm Currently Loving

For the end of this months post, I wanted to show you the makeup products I have been loving recently. This is slightly different to my normal Monthly Favourites as these are what I have been drawn to using for weeks and months and what I seem to be reaching for no matter what. Also, it was such a nice sunny day when I was taking these photos so I decided to snap them outside and I am so feeling the Summer vibes and it just makes me so much more happy!

 I've seriously reduced the number of products I use in my skincare routine and I only use a few products which are perfect for my skin and work really well in combination with each other. I have liked using some Clearasil face washes over the years however every one that I have liked, that isn't too strong for me, has been discontinued! However I found the Daily Clear Hydra Blast Skin Perfecting Wash which I absolutely love using, its gentle yet effective and I use it with the St Ives Naturally Clear Apricot Scrub.
 Brush cleaning is a really important job to do and over the last few months makeup brush cleansing tools have become more and more popular and I have two that I really like, I  love using the smaller Makeup Revolution Brush Cleansing Tool to clean my dirty eye makeup brushes, and for face brushes I find the Real Techniques Brush Cleansing Pad really effective for them.
 I'm not much of a face makeup person but there are a few gems that I use over and over again. My foundation that I adore is the Maybelline Dream Flawless Nude Foundation which is lightweight, has great coverage and blends out really nicely. Paired with the Miss Sporty Perfect Stay Concealer, this gives me a flawless base! For a subtle colour to the cheeks, the new Blush Sculpt Trio Contouring Blush from L'Oreal has been a staple product for me, I swirl the shades together on my brush and sweep on the apples of my cheeks and it provides a natural, radiant healthy glow! To set my makeup and to mattify my skin, I could not leave out the Essence All About Matte Fixing Compact Powder - if you've read my blog for a while you'll know I am obsessed with this and I use it every single day whether I am wearing makeup or not.
 At this time of year I love cream eyeshadows and two brands really stand out to me, the Rosie for Autograph Cream Eye Shadow Sticks are simply stunning, I cannot tell you how much I love them. The Maybelline Colour Tattoos are perfect as a base underneath eye shadow or on their own, I use Crème de Nude as a base to make eye shadow colours appear more vibrant, and I have On and On Bronze for when I do a bronze smoky eye for Summer.
 Moving onto the eyes, I am a huge fan of the winged liner and I do it for almost every single makeup look and sometimes it is what I wear on its own paired with a red lip. I love two eyeliners to help me achieve the perfect winged eyeliner; the Maybelline Gel Liner is what I use with an angled winged liner brush to build the wing on the outer corner, and then I take the Maybelline Master Ink Liquid Liner to connect the wing to the upper lash line and to define the lash line too. Then I finish with my favourite mascara which is the Soap & Glory Thick and Fast Mascara. This provides lots of length, volume and definition, stays put all day and is exactly what I want in a mascara.
Not forgetting my everyday eye shadow palette, this is the Z Palette of Makeup Geek Shadows I put together and I use the top 6 shades in pretty much every single makeup look as my crease colours and transitional shades. Crème Brulee is possibly my favourite one with Frappe not very far behind, and
Bitten is an amazing colour as well which I love to incorporate somewhere into my makeup.
 
What products have you been loving recently?
 
Beth x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review