Sleek Lip VIP Semi-Matte Lipsticks

These exciting new lipsticks from Sleek were launched a few months back, however I wanted to talk about them now as I think they are the perfect lipsticks for Spring and Summer. These are called the Lip VIP Semi Matte Lipstick and they retail at £5.49 each and come in a range of six shades. I picked up three shades that I liked; a nude, a mid toned pink and a darker red-toned pink.

The packaging of these lipsticks is significantly different to other Sleek lipsticks. Firstly they have the little section at the bottom which distinguishes which shade each one is and the rest of the packaging is a matte black with shiny black writing. On the lipstick tube, there is a description that says these lipsticks are long wearing, full coverage and includes Shea Butter, Coconut Oil and Vitamin E and they provide an intense, velvety colour with a moisturising, semi-matte finish. I love semi-matte lipsticks especially at this time of year because they add a little bit of sheen and a glow without being too excessive and just adds a bit more dimension compared to having a flat full-on matte lip.
Each lipstick has a precise tip with a slanted edge, perfect for complete control during application. The consistencies of these lipsticks are phenomenal, they effortlessly glide onto the lips while adding a really intensely pigmented slick of colour. They feel weightless on the lips which I was really pleased about as I hate heavy lipsticks that you can feel when you're wearing them. However, I think that for best results, already having exfoliated and conditioned lips dramatically improves the look of the lipsticks than what it does on dry, chapped lips.
The pigmentation is also stunning, they show up really vividly and intense in just one layer.
I picked up three shades out of the six, I think these would suit me better than the others but they also have other shades including a bright orange, a bright coral and a lighter candy pink tone.
Private Booth is a simple, classic nude shades that has a slight salmon-based undertone but I love this for pairing with a really bold smoky eye as I think it contrasts well together.
Backstage is a warm coral pink and possibly my favourite out of the collection. It is the perfect everyday shade for me and something that will go with a classic winged liner or a golden-toned eye shadow look.
The final shade I have is called Night Spot which is a deep, pinky red shade which I would go for during the summer evenings with a simple classic wing eye look. I also think it would go great with a tan so I am definitely putting this in my holiday makeup bag!
 
Overall I am incredibly impressed at these lipsticks. I think they are stunning and are so easy to wear if you want a glam, Hollywood style look but don't want the full effort of achieving that.
 
What do you think of these lipsticks? What is your favourite shade?
 
Beth x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review