Springtime Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial

A lot of makeup tutorials that you see for Spring and Summer are usually quite neutral, very soft and to me it doesn't really stand out. Personally I love bolder eyes and I love to really define and smoke out my eye makeup so I created this look which combines different tones and textures which is still quite dramatic and bold but still reflects the natural elements of Spring. I am using Sleek palettes for this look; 'A New Day', 'All Night Long' and 'Original'.

 I started by priming the eyes by using Too Faced Shadow Insurance and Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Crème de Nude to create the perfect base for the eye shadow. The first shade I am using is 'Day Dreamer' from 'A New Day' from Sleek and used the 228 Zoeva brush to blend this just above the natural crease line all the way from the inner corner to the outer corner.
Moving onto 'Carpe Diem' from the same palette and the same brush, I am blending this shade underneath the previous one into the crease line and making sure it is blended with Day Dreamer.
Switching to the 'All Night Long' palette, I am using a 224 Zoeva brush to blend 'Negroni' directly into the lower crease more towards the outer corners to add some depth and a little bit of contour in the crease.
I want the shape of the look to be slightly like a cat-eye so with a 227 Zoeva brush and the shade 'H-A-P-P-Y' from 'A New Day' I am starting off by creating a wing from the outer corner of the eyeshadow, just slightly longer than the length of the brush, and then tapering it in towards the crease so it creates a shape similar to a V. With the 228 with no additional product on the brush, I am using a fluffing technique to blend the product out into the same shape.
On the lid, I am using Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze on a shader brush from Real Techniques to blend this onto the lid and making sure it blends seamlessly with the powdered eye shadow.
For the lid colour I am using 'Martini' from 'All Night Long' and with a clean brush similar to the Zoeva 227 one, I am sweeping this shade across the lid on top of the bronze base to it really stands out and I am using little sweeping motions to make sure it's all blended in as well.
To add a bit of depth and more definition I am mixing 'H-A-P-P-Y' from 'A New Day' with a matte black eye shadow from the Original Sleek Palette and repeating the same technique as I did with the brown shade in the cat eye shape.
To make it even deeper I am using the black shade on its own over the top and blending it all out.
On the lower lash line I am taking 'Day Dreamer' and the black shade to make the gradient on the lower lash line.
 To finish off I am adding some highlight, creating a wing on the upper lash line and applying some mascara.

 
This is definitely a look I would wear for a summer event, I think it would look so amazing on holiday in the evenings.
 
What do you think of this look?
 
Beth x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review