Fortune Favours the Brave

Created in collaboration with BritishBeautyBlogger, Makeup Revolution have launched a brand-new 30 shade eye shadow palette, £10. I was really excited when I first saw the announcement of this palette and couldn't wait for it to become available to purchase. This palette is called 'Fortune Favours the Brave' and is described as having "thirty shades of matte, glimmer and sheen combined in one golden palette for an every which-way smoky eye. From the lightest of brightening base colours to the darkest, most daring shades of navy, black and green and everything in between, Fortune is the most versatile, every-age, every-tone palette yet."
 The packaging differs from the traditional Makeup Revolution palettes, it is a gorgeous matte gold colour with a shiny gold detail in the centre that looks almost like an Aztec symbol. It feels quite strong and sturdy and isn't too big or heavy either.
 Inside is a large built in mirror and 30 different eye shadow shades with a duo ended brush. There is also a plastic sheet placed over the eyeshadows with the names of each shade printed on.
 There is a vast range of finishes and shades, suitable for every eye and skin colour. The combination of mattes, shimmers and merged colours, warm to cool tones and the perfect shades for highlighting, transitioning, contouring and lid shades makes it the perfect palette for everyone.
 I swatched some different shades within the palette but all of them have really good pigmentation and they feel like a good quality formula. When I did swatch them, they felt a bit rough in texture, although during the application they didn't feel like rough textures when I applied them, however. On the other hand, they do blend with each other really nicely and with a primer applied they last for a long time.
 While I was playing with the shades I created this look and I used some gold and the deep purple shades to create a really defined cat eye which I really like.
 As my transitioning shades, I used 'Buffer' and then 'Caffiene Fix' in the crease and then took 'Drama Queen' all the way through the lower crease. To create the sharp edge with the eye shadow I mixed 'Blacqua' and 'Brave' and created a  wing extending from the outer corner and blended into the outer V using the shade 'Winning'. All over the lid I patted 'Sunset Hour' and blended the join of the two shades together. I then added the thick sleek winged line to the upper lash line and applied some mascara.
 Overall, I really like this palette, Makeup Revolution have created another winner and I think that BritishBeautyBlogger should be really proud of herself for spending so much time on perfecting every aspect of this palette. I definitely recommend checking this palette out, I think the quality of the eye shadows are really nice and also it's a great palette to take away travelling as it has a great range of everyday shades with some pops of colour from the blues and purples.
 
Have you tried this palette yet?
 
Beth x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review