Baking | Basic Buttercream Recipe and How To: Classic Swirl

There is nothing better than a perfect butter cream recipe to decorate a cupcake. I am going to show you how to make the perfect butter cream recipe that you can easily use to pipe on to cupcakes.

To make the perfect butter cream recipe you will need:
140g butter
280g icing sugar
1-2tbsp milk
The first thing you need to do is add the butter to a bowl and beat it with a wooden spoon so that it is smooth and easy to stir with the icing sugar.
Add half of the icing sugar to the butter and use the spoon to gently stir this in until fully combined.
When the first half of the icing sugar is fully mixed in, add the rest of the icing sugar and a dash of milk. Mix this in until combined. Add some vanilla is you want. If you want your mixture a bit more loose, add some more milk. If you want I thicker, add more icing sugar. I strongly recommend tasting a bit to make sure it isn't too buttery or to sugary. I found that I added a bit more sugar because it tasted too buttery.
To pipe the icing sugar into a cupcake, you can either use a plastic piping tube like I have, or alternatively there is plastic piping bags you can buy and dispose of after, or you can even smooth the icing in with a spoon.
I am using a plastic piping tube and I am filling the tube with the icing and securing the top. The way that I create this three tired swirl is I begin by squeezing a small dot on the centre of the cupcake.
The next think I do is squeeze the icing out and go in a circular motion above and around the centre dot to get the height. I am going to go round three times and stop to get the point at the end.

Finish doing the swirl on the rest of your cupcakes. There are other swirls that you can do which is something that I will show you in other blog posts. 

So I hope you guys liked this recipe and come back soon for a decorating idea.

SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review