First Impression // Rimmel Fresher Skin SPF 15 Foundation

Last month I found out about a whole bunch of new makeup products being launched and since I had been working so much and hadn't had much 'me time' I took myself on a mini (turned expensive) trip into Superdrug and Boots to see what was new and one of the things I came across that really caught my attention is the new Rimmel Fresher Skin SPF 15 Foundation, £7.49. I was really hooked on what it claimed to achieve, and since my old favourite Maybelline foundation is no longer available, I was really interesting to find out more about how this product works for my skin and to see my overall first impression.

The product is described as a 'breathable, natural finish foundation' which also contains SPF 15 so I'm thinking it would be great for everyday use because even after Summer, your skin still needs protecting from UV Rays so the fact that SPF is built in makes it really useful, convenient and hassle-free! On the Rimmel Website it says that it gives a 'natural looking fresh finish that stays shine-free all day'. I have oily-combination skin so that would be awesome if it did stay shine-free!
Let's talk about the packaging; it is in a jar which is quite unusual for Rimmel as all of their foundations seem to be packaged in bottles. The jar is quite heavy compared to a lot of foundations I have used, but it is small and compact so for me this is very easy to store. When you take the lid off there is a thick plastic cover which just ended up getting stuck in the top of the lid.
My first impression of this foundation is that it looks very lightweight and also a little bit runny in consistency, but it is very blendable, light and isn't as runny as I thought it would be. Even though I am a bit clumsy using this foundation was virtually mess-free which was great considering how smooth and light the consistency is.
The first time I tested this foundation, I applied it mid-afternoon and wore it all the way up to about 10:30pm so around 5 hours I was wearing it.
I started with a clean, freshly moisturised and no-makeup face and gradually applied this foundation in small amounts.
In comparison between the two sides, one has one layer of foundation coverage and the other has no makeup. My skin with the foundation (which is the right hand side of the photo) looks smoother, fresher and more awake. I can see a slight difference in how even my skin tone is, I think it has toned the under eye circles and the redness on my cheeks fairly well. I finished up the rest of my face and the coverage is quite sheer but it is buildable, I went in with a tiny bit more product on areas it was needed and it didn't go cakey and remained a smooth application. I can not feel it on my skin so I agree with the fact that it is lightweight and breathable and I also agree with how fresher my skin looks. I wouldn't say that it is 100% matte, the shine has been vastly reduced but it is still visible within my T Zone. A little touch of powder fixed this problem and throughout the hours I was wearing it I didn't notice an excessive build up of shine either.
I did use a flat foundation brush to apply the product in strokes across my face and then I patted it in with a damp foundation sponge and the results looked flawless. My skin feels smooth and it wears very light so I'm interested to see how well it lasts when it is hot weather because I would not be able to deal with a heavy foundation so hopefully this is perfect. I'd rate this foundation a 4 out of 5.
 
Beth <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review