Back to School | Revision Tips

Hey guys

Exam season is starting and I'm sure a lot of you are not looking forward to them. It can be really difficult to revise some subjects, but once you have a 'timetable' it can be really easy. You can use the same process for all subjects. 

Some of these exam tips I have got from my old school planner, and other ones are just what I follow when I revise so I hope you find this useful.

1) See what subjects you have an exam for and when that exam is. For example, I have a Geography exam on Wednesday, a Maths exam Monday and another Geography exam Tuesday. That isn't a lot of time time to revise. However, I am on study leave so that means I have all day, every day to revise. I had a Chemistry Exam today so no revision tonight, I have all day tomorrow.

2) It is always important not to spend large amounts of time on a revision section. Usually, exam subjects have 3 modules or units that you are revised on, like Science for example. If it doesn't, divide the subject into 3, starting with the part you find most difficult and finish with the bit you find easiest.

Day 1: Section 1 - 45 minutes. 10 minute break. Section 2 - 45 minutes. 10 minute break. Section 3 - 45 minutes. 15 minute review time. That is 170 minutes (nearly 3 hours) of revision.

If you want to achieve in exams, do this timetable about twice a day if you want. But I recommend at least once a day before your exams.

3) Take account of the commitments when making your timetable, like jobs, sporting activities, reading my blog etc. 

4) Find a comfortable place with good lighting and where you won't be distracted.

5) Just reading and writing stuff down is probably the worst thing you can do. Make mind maps and charts using colour and drawings you help you remember things. I think that colour helps to associate certain facts. You can colour code some important things here as well.

6) Get past papers from exams. Visit your exam board website whether it is OCR, Edexcel or AQA. You'll be able to see what the questions look like and there are usually mark schemes and examiners reports to help as well.

The day before the exam, drink plenty of water to refresh your brain. Get to bed early and don't stay up late keeping your brain awake. That is usually something that prevents you from getting a good grade.

On the exam day, make sure you eat and drink something, especially if the exam is in the morning. Get to a breakfast revision club if there is one on.

Hope you guys found this useful and as always, best of luck in exams

SparkleEyes x












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review