First Impression Review | Garnier Fresh Clarifying Wash and Moisture-Match Moisturiser

Face washes and moisturisers are not like reviewing a makeup product. They have to be tried and tested for a long period of time to make sure that they are actually doing what they claim to do. This is a face wash that I have recently discovered and I realised that I have the moisturiser that goes with it so I thought I would do a first impression review of these two products and in a week or so I will do a more in-depth review on them to see what I really think.

The first product I am doing a first impression of actually belongs to my Mum who has the same skin type as I do. This face wash is called 'Fresh Clarifying Wash' and claims to refresh and purify pores. It is a face wash tailored to combination to oily skin so it is a mattifying wash and is meant to be suitable for sensitive skin. 
Garnier say that this product is 'suitable for you if you have combination to oily skin, prone to visible pores and shine and looking for a deep cleansing and purifying solution.' In addition to that, the wash has been 'enriched with Moringa extract, known for its anti-oxidant and purifying properties.' It is also 'enriched with green tea, known for ant-oxidant properties.' So judging the product from that, it contains a lot of really good ingredients that help to erase shine.

The packaging is green which is a really nice fresh colour and it's an attractive shade of green. Personally, green isn't my favourite colour but I was drawn in by the colour as well as what it claims to do.

Looking at the product, there seems to be a lot of the product in there and as I open the packaging and hold it upright, the face wash oozes out which to me says that you don't need a lot of it in one go and it is a very water, runny consistency. It lathers up on wet and dry skin really well and feels very nourishing. It has a light, fresh scent which is really nice and it feels very silky and light on the skin so I would agree that it is suitable for sensitive skin. 

After rinsing it off and using it for the first time, my skin certainly does feel more matte and I have noticed shine reduced a visibly large amount. Having patted my skin dry, my face feels incredibly silky, smooth and feels clean and matte. 

Overall, my first impression of this face wash is very positive, so far after one use I really like it but I will use this everyday for a week and next week I'll review it in more detail and see if I like it after continuous use.
The next product that I am reviewing is something that I have used quite a few times so this is an in-depth review. The moisturiser that fits with the face wash is the Garnier Moisture Match Mattifying Fresh Cream. This is the moisturiser for combination to oily skin. 

On the back of the tube, it claims to have 'tailored texture: Mattifying fresh texture - oil free and quick to absorb. Tailored formula: Enriched with Green Tea extract, well known for anti-oxidant properties, Shine be Gone will leave your skin feeling beautifully smooth and mattifyed all day long. You can feel the difference.' I agree with it being quick to absorb and that it feels incredibly smooth. I can feel a difference and even as I write this, I am just stroking my face because it feels really nice.

It is quite a small bottle that has 50 ml of product. Again, this is the same fresh, attractive green colour and has the same fresh, light scent. The cream doesn't drip out of the tube when it is held upright because the formula is a little bit thicker, but still quite light. This absorbs quickly and doesn't make my skin feel greasy and there is no visible shine either so I guess it is oil-free as well. 

Overall I really like this moisturiser and thoroughly recommend it for those of you with oily-combination skin.

Make sure you guys come back next week to see my updated review of the face wash.

SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review