Summer | Makeup Essentials

As the season is changing, so does your makeup. The warmer weather finally started to emerge but now the weather is rubbish again. But it's officially spring now so I thought I would share with you my essential makeup products for Spring and Summer.

One of my most essential makeup products for Spring and Summer is a face primer. I use a face primer rather than a foundation because the warm sun would probably melt the foundation off my skin. A primer makes my skin feel smooth and gives it a dewy effect. The one that I use is the NYC Face Primer.
Another essential makeup product is a tinted lip balm with built in SPF. The tinted lip balm gives my lips the moisture that it needs in the sun and also delivers a sheer wash of colour. The SPF also protects my lips from the sun as well. My favourite one of all time is the ELF Moisturising Lip Tint in Blush.
Clear mascara is also a must-have when I am on holiday. Clear mascara is great for daytime in the hot sun especially when you are abroad. Curl your lashes and slick on some clear mascara; it looks like you are wearing a very minimal amount of mascara but it's clear! That way, you can't see it if it flakes off and you won't see it if it runs either. This mascara is by MUA.
A blusher/bronzer compact also comes into use during this time. The blush gives you the effect of healthier looking, glowing skin while the bronzer can make you look sunkissed and gives you excellent contour. This palette is by L&B.

Concealer is an everyday makeup essential product. I don't normally wear foundation during this time and I still may need some coverage. The two concealers I use is Seventeen Under Eye Concealer in Medium and 2True concealer shade 3.
The final essential product is bright lip colours. I have been loving two brands recently; Elizabeth Arden and NYC. Both retail at extremely different prices but I equally love the quality. It's time to swap the deep colours from Autumn and Winter to the hot pinks for Summer and Spring
left: Elizabeth Arden in Tulip, middle NYC in 404, right, ELF in Flirtacious
Setting powder and shine eraser sheets are also a must to control excess shine and oil in the skin. My favourite shine eraser is ELF Shiner Eraser Sheets and MUA Matte Perfect Powder.
So I hope you guys enjoyed this essential post and I will blog again for you soon

SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review