Review | ELF Cosmetics 48 Piece Little Black Beauty Book

I absolutely love ELF Eye Shadow Palettes. I have quite a few palettes in my ELF Collection and these two are the latest addition into my ELF Family. As you may have guessed, I am reviewing the 48 Piece Little Black Beauty Book in Warm and in Cool. Both of these retail at £8 each but I bough these in my latest ELF purchase when they had 50% off so I got them at £4 each. 

My first thoughts online before I bought this palette was that because it had 48 eye shadows it would be fairly big. I never take notice of the name of products, I bought this because it looked interesting.. and there was 50% off. When it arrived I saw the size of the box which was quite huge and when I opened the box... it was quite ridiculous. The size of this palette compared to the size of the box it came in is so anti-eco friendly. The palette is less than half the size of the box it came in and even when the palette is open, it's still nowhere near the size of the packaging. 
This is what the 'warm' edition looks like. It had a nice selection of neutral colours and smokey colours. It also has some nice blue, green and pinky tones as well. 

These are some swatches from the 'warm' palette.
This one is the 'coo' palette which contains some brighter tones including greens and blues.

These are some swatches from the 'cool' edition.

These eye shadows are incredibly pigmented and there is a nice range of colours. The books are very sleek and small so they are really goo or travelling around with and you can create bright, fun looks or wearable day looks. 

I like these palettes becase they are very versatile, easy to travel with, highly pigmented colours and easy to blend. I still think ELF need to reconsider their packaging! The makeup from the Essential and Mineral line are the actual size of the products but when you buy Studio products, you get more boxes than makeup.

Have you guys tried these palettes?

SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review