Tutorial | 1920s Inspired Makeup



Today's makeup tutorial is the first part of my 'through the decades' tutorials. This is the 1920's inspired makeup look which I have researched a lot about and tried to get it as accurate as possible. Some parts of this look may not be 100% exact but it is an inspired look after all. 
The first thing as always is to prime your eyes and also apply some primer underneath the eyes as well. I'm also going to apply a white eyeliner pencil to help the dust stick.
I'm going to begin by applying a matte taupe eye shadow with the No 7 Fluffy blending brush and buff this into the crease of the eye. This helps with the blending later.
Using the same brush, I am using a matte black and using 'C' motions on the outer corner to apply the colour. After cleaning most of the product off, I am gently blending it into the crease to add some extra definition and intensity. 

Following that I am using a precise brush with the same black eye shadow and patting this on he outer third of the lid. 
Using the same precise brush I am patting a teal eye dust on the clean space of the eyelid and gently blending into the black so the line isn't so harsh.

Next I am taking an angled brush and the matte black eye shadow and tracing underneath the lower lash line on the outer third and I am connecting it to the black on the upper lid. 
Next is my favourite step; liquid eyeliner! I am drawing a very thin line on the upper lash line and gently flicking it out at the end. 
For the lips, I am using a brick coloured lipstick. I am applying this as I would a normal lipstick and gently changing the shape of my lips using the lipstick. Use it to enhance the shape of the cupids bow and the fullest part of the lower lip. For the cheeks I am taking a bronzer and gently contouring the sides of my face. 

Make sure you come back soon for my 1930's tutorial.

What did you think of this look?

SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review