How To: Make a Swatch Poster

One of the biggest problems I have with owning a load of makeup is that I forget what colour is which, what the colour pigmentation looks like. Also, since I have multiple lipsticks from the same brand, its too much effort to go through each individual product and find the one I want. Another problem is that I have a few similar colours. I came up with the idea quite a while ago for nail polish swatches so I am going to show you how to make one for lipstick swatches.
What you are going to need is a couple of sheets of plain A4 or A3 paper. You also need a pen to write with.
On the top row, write the brand of the product and a centimetre or two below it, write the colour.
Apply a small amount of the product in the right places. I shade ordered my lipsticks here because it had a nice gradient effect decoration.
This is the one I made for lipstick swatches and I can easily just hold this piece of paper up by my eye makeup or by what I am wearing and find a colour that fits what I am wearing.

For example, if I had quite a neutral eye I could use any of the colours but find the shade I want. If I had a bold eye I could hold it up on the lighter end of the paper to find the best shade.

From this I concluded that I have a lot of lipsticks and even more lipglosses. I ended up doing another swatch poster where I shade ordered my lipglosses and lipsticks together and I wrote the names and shades of everything and added some swatches at the end. This way I could find a lip colour I wanted and also a complimenting lipgloss to go with it.

Hope you guys enjoyed posts like this and I hope this helps you find your lipstick shades

SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review