Tutorial | Natural Brow Routine

Brows are the frame to the eyes like hair is the frame to your face. You should take care of your brows because they complete a makeup look and balance the entire face out. I am going to show you how I get naturally looking brows using drugstore makeup. 
Before you start, if you feel like you want to, pluck out any stray hairs from around the eyebrow. If you want your eyebrows thinned out or looking a bit neater you can go for the option of getting them threaded. You can easily find eyebrow threadings in Superdrug for a very good price. Last night I plucked the stray hairs from underneath my brows plucked some from directly in the arch to give them some extra shape. 
If your eyebrows look a little bit messy take a spoolie or eyebrow wand and comb them into shape. Your brows will look so much neater and easier to work with.

You can either use an eyebrow kit or pencil for the next steps. I am using my ELF Studio Eyebrow Kit in Medium because I like to darkern my brows because I nomally have a block fringe and it's difficult to see them underneath. 

I use an angled brush and I begin by filling in my brows using the lighter brown powder. This will fill in any sparse areas and slightly darken the brows.
Next I use the same angled brush and this time I mix the wax and the powder together and  I use the same light feathering strokes to work the product into my brows. When doing this make sure to stay within the natural brow to keep it looking natural. If you struggle with this you can buy some eyebrow stencils and find the one closest to your natural shape. Hold it up against the brow and fill in.
I like to highlight underneath my brow to make it look 'lifted'. I use my Eye Crease Brush and an eyeshadow which is slightly lighter than my natural skin tone and I blend this directly under the arch of my brokpw and lightly feather it out to the end. 

The final step is to seal your brows into place using a brow mascara like this one by ELF. If you don't have a brow mascara, a clear mascara will work as well. Gently apply the product in the same way as using a spoolie and here you can also neaten the brows as well. The mascara will dry and seal the brows so they don't move, smudge or come out of place.
I hope you guys enjoyed this tutorial 

SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review