Makeup Revolution Mermaids Forever Palette Review and Tutorial

Makeup Revolution continue to amaze us all with their incredible new product releases and this palette has been on my wish list since it was launched. This is the Mermaids Forever palette which contains 32 gorgeous eye shadow shades and retails for £8. Since I loved the Beyond Flawless Palette, I was really excited to have something that was more colourful in the collection. Since I got my hands on this palette, they've released some new products so I'm so excited to do some blog posts about them!

"The Mermaids came ashore to bring us their aquatic beauty in this mesmerising palette!"
The box is a beautiful aquatic blue colour which reflects the theme of the shades inside the palette. I like that the palette is boxed because it protects the casing of the palette inside but also makes it a great way to present to someone as a gift.
 On the back of the box there is a guide of which shades are in the palette and you can see that there is a wide range of colours including brighter and some more neutral and brown shades.
 All of the cases of the MUR palettes are reflective and shiny and have the signature gold lettering across the front of the lid.
 There is a plastic sheet that has the names of each shade printed on and like I said before, this is a great way to protect the eyeshadows and you can take it out to refer to the shade that you are using easier than having to keep flipping the palette over to see the shade names.
 I was so excited to see the shades inside the palette. They are bright and colourful and I love the shade range. There are light shades, warm tones in the left half of the palette and cool tones and some browns and blacks in the right side of the palette so there is definitely something for everyone.
 All the shades excellently represent the memorising oceanic and mermaid-themed colours that this palette has. There are so many combinations that you can do with the shades in the palette and they are mainly shimmery and satin shades with a few matte colours. The consistencies of the shadows are so creamy and the pigmentation of most of the shades are excellent and they are nice and opaque. They blend and apply to the eyes effortlessly and with a white eyeliner base blended onto the lids, they show up incredibly vibrant and bright.
 First row left to right:
Forever, Bay, Myth, Song, Mermaids, Fishtail, Treasure, Imagine
 Second row left to right:
Seashell, Creature, Magic, Urchin, Sea, Land, Kingdom, Harmony
Third row left to right:
Enchant, Starfish, Pretty, Princess, Waves, Turtle, Mineral, Prince
 Fourth row left to right:
Future, Ariel, Pink Sea, Ocean, Splash, Undersea, Seabed, Whale
The shade names are so unique and incredible, they remind me of The Little Mermaid which is a film that I love all the names are perfectly suited to the theme of the palette.
 
I feel like not all the shades have the same consistent levels of high pigmentation, judging by these swatches. There are some more opaque and pigmented than others but overall the colour pay off is great. You can see some of the glitter in the glittery shades which I love because it replicates how the light reflects off of the sea! The blues and the oranges, I think, are the stand-out shades of the palette as they seem to be the most pigmented, but overall I love this product. The shades have a long lasting, intense colour when applied to the eyes and I think this will be a popular product for Summer.
 
For the tutorial, I created a tropical-themed look that even Ariel would be proud of! I am starting by applying the Aqua Seal Primer by Makeup Revolution and then blending a white eyeliner all over the lid to make the bright colours stay on longer and appear more vivid.
 I am using a matte mid toned brown from the Makeup Revolution Flawless Matte Palette and I am using a fluffy blending brush to blend through the crease as a transitional colour.
 From the Mermaids Forever palette, the first shade I am using is 'Pink Sea' and I am patting this on the inner third of the lid.
 Then I am patting 'Starfish' on the centre of the lid and then making it more shimmery by patting 'Future' over the top.
 Finally on the rest of the lid I am just patting 'Starfish' again but leaving it as a brighter pop of orange.
 On the lower lash line, I am lining the inner half of the lower lash line with 'Land' and the outer half of the lash line with 'Waves'. With a precise brush I am dotting 'Ocean' in the inner corner.
 I am lining the upper lash line with MAC Fluidline Gel Liner and curling my lashes and applying Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara.
 
What is your favourite shade in the Mermaids Forever Palette?
 
SparkleEyes x
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review