Mother Gothel Inspired Makeup Tutorial

The last Disney Villain, for now, is Mother Gothel from Tangled. I love how the eye makeup turned out because I love the combination of the berry and the gold eye shadow and think it's really authentic for the time period she is originally from. Apart from the dramatic brows, I think that the eye makeup is still a look that I would willingly wear out.
The first thing to do is apply a base to the eyes and for the eyebrows, I am mixing a brown with a tiny amount of black to fill them in and I am slightly lengthening my brows to get the same effect as Mother Gothel.
 As a transitional shade, I am buffing a matte mid toned brown all the way through the crease in circular motions.
 With a matte plum shade from the MUR Ultimate Eye Shadow Palette, I am blending this through my crease and blending with the first brown shade for a softer look.
 In the palette there is a brighter plum shade with some sparkles in it so I am using this shade in the inner and outer third of the lid and leaving the centre of the lid clear. I am also precisely applying this shade to the crease so it blends together.
 On the centre of the lid, I am patting a golden coppery shade and gently blending with the plum shades.
 I used a gel liner to thinly line my upper lash line and curled my lashes, applied mascara and then added some false eye lashes.
 I softened the edge of the purple with a shade the same as my skin tone.
 For blush, I used Clinique Blush in Sunset Glow and used NYC Lipstick in Snow Cone on my lips.
 
 
Who is your favourite Disney villain?
 
SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review