Evil Queen Inspired Makeup Tutorial

Welcome to my new tutorial series! This time I am doing makeup tutorials inspired by Disney Villains because I think they are so much more interesting as characters in Disney, and while Disney Princesses are pretty much the same, the villains, I think, have much more personality and different qualities that make them unique. The makeup that I am doing for the villains are what I expect to be what they would wear if they were real people and today I am beginning with the Evil Queen from Snow White.

The Evil Queen from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs has a very distinctive makeup look. While her skin is pretty much plain without any strong contour or anything, her eyes and lips are very dramatic and the two combined create an intense look. I wasn't too careful with how much makeup I used because after all, Disney Villains are all about being over the top, and I wasn't too careful with blending or placing the shadows either.
 
The first thing I did was prime my eyes all over and apply a black eyeliner base all over the lid and a white eyeliner underneath my eyes and blended out. I also used colour correction under my eyes and concealed any blemishes too and then applied a light layer of foundation.
 
 I had to define and darken my brows and to do that I used an angled shadow brush with a black eyeshadow and created a very strong shape and tried to create a similar shape to the Queen. Highlight under the brow for some extra definition and intensity and I used concealer that was a shade lighter than my skin tone to really exaggerate this.
 With the same angled brush and black shadow, I created a very strong cut crease and blended out with black eye shadow. I also drew the line on my upper lash line to connect the cut crease line.
I am using one shade on my lid and that is Electric Purple from MUA Cosmetics and pat this all over the space between the cut crease and the upper lash line.  
Soften the edge of the black with a nude matte eye shadow.
 I used a few different liners. On my upper lash line I used a liquid liner and a kajal liner on the waterline. Underneath my eyes I smudged some black shadow on the outer third of the lower lash line and repeated the same with Electric Purple by MUA on the rest of the lower lash line. Curl your lashes and apply generous coatings of mascara.
 The Queen has a bit of a subtle ombre red lip going on. To achieve the ombre effect, I took a black pencil liner and traced the edge of both the upper and lower outer lip corners slightly, and blended in towards the centre with a lip brush. Then apply a red lipstick all over the lips. I used the Maybelline Colour Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencil and tried to define the cupids bow a bit here as well.  I finished with a final layer of a matte red lip gloss to blend everything together.

 I had some dramatic false lashes to complete the look.

I love how this turned out, and I have enjoyed these tutorials more than the Princess ones I did last year, so make sure to come back on Wednesday to see a new Villain look.
 
Who is your favourite Disney Villain?
 
SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review