Maybelline Colour Drama Intense Velvet Lip Liner Review

I picked up one of these Colour Drama Velvet Lip Liners by Maybelline quite randomly, but I was so impressed with it I went back and got two more. These retail for £4.99 from Superdrug and Boots.

I have three different shades and I want to get more colours because I think they are so amazing! They are jumbo lip pencils and there is a huge colour selection available so they is definitely something to suit everyone. The pencils are quite short but are very comfortable to hold.
 They have lids to protect the pencil and at the end of the product there is a colour sample making it easy to see which shade it is because the rest of the packaging is black and quite minimalistic.
As you can see by these swatches, they are so gorgeously opaque and full of pigment. The consistencies of them are soft, creamy and glide onto the lips effortlessly without tugging or pulling them.
 This shade is called Red Essential and it is one of my favourite coloured reds. It is matte and is pretty much similar to MAC's Russian Red.
 
 This shade is called Keep it Classy which is a mid toned pink with a slight berry undertone and I like wearing this during the daytime.
 
 This last one is called Nude Perfection which is a very subtle salmon based shade and this pairs really well with a more dramatic eye.
 These lip pencils are very similar to lipsticks in the way that they wear and they are so versatile so you can either layer them under another lipstick or lip gloss or wear them just on their own as a vibrant layer of colour. I can't wait to buy more of these because I just love them, they are one of the products I reach for in my lipstick drawer(s!).
 
What is your favourite shade?
 
SparkleEyes x

Comments

  1. I think Keep it Classy is my favourite of the three. Do you know if these are limited to the UK? They remind me a little of the more expensive NARS lip pencils. :-)


    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I like Keep It Classy as well, it's a nice wearable berry colour. Maybelline are available in over 100 countries worldwide so they are not just limited to the UK. I hope you manage to find them and give them a try, they are great, affordable dupes for higher end brands :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review