MUA Cosmetics Pro Base Fixing Mist Review

A product that I haven't used before is a setting spray, and recently I have been wanting to try one so I picked up the MUA Pro Base Fixing Mist in Superdrug for £5 and since I don't own any other ones, I cannot compare between other brands. This setting spray 'fixes your makeup in place all day long' and 'protects against heat, humidity, cold and windy conditions; whatever your day throws at you, your makeup will hold in place.'
 
On the packaging, it says that there is 60ml of product in this container and claims to moisturise and hydrate skin, easily apply and has eight hours of fixing power. The top of the bottle has a spray nozzle and a small plastic cap. The packaging in general is very minimal and it is quite a small container considering this retails for £5 but I suppose it is a convenient size to hold when using it.
 
I opened the top of the bottle to see what the product smells like and it has a scent that seems to be fairly strong but it doesn't seem to be too strong that I don't want to use it. I can't quite tell what the scent is.
 
To use it, they instruct you to apply makeup as normal and then shake the bottle and hold at arms length before spraying in horizontal swishing motion until you have the desired cover. I had a few concerns before using this. I was concerned if it got into my hair or made my skin oily. I tested it on my hand first and it seemed to have a fair amount of product distribution but it seemed very watery and took a few minutes to dry.
 
I held it at arms length and sprayed in a horizontal motion and it seemed to go everywhere and I particularly focused on my applying it over my eye makeup. It left my face feeling like it had been splashed with water and took a few minutes to dry. I've learnt now to use less of this because then it takes a shorter length of time to dry. In that time, I refrained from touching my makeup because it smudged and I was worried that it was going to cause my makeup to run, but it didn't. However, once it is dry, I feel like it does set my makeup in place for hours. I used this before a night out and when I got in, my makeup was still looking perfect and nothing had smudged, faded or flaked off. It doesn't look or feel oily in any way at all and it dries matte.
 
Overall, I like this product, I feel that it is a great addition into my makeup routine just to make sure that my makeup is not going to smudge or fade away because of the typical British weather but I don't like how long it takes to dry after applying it.
 
What is the best setting spray you have used?
 
SparkleEyes x

Comments

  1. I use motives cosmetics but it's alot dearer ! But it is incredible might have to give this a go tho at this price is ur skin sensitive at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! No, my skin isn't sensitive, I felt no irritation from it at all. It is definitely something worth trying out and does set makeup all day, perfect for the warmer weather! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review