Meghan Trainor 'Dear Future Husband' Inspired Makeup Tutorial

I love Meghan Trainor's songs and music videos and I really wanted to do a makeup tutorial inspired by a recent video. She has different makeup looks in her videos and this look is the one that she wears first in the video. I really like this look because the eye shadow is quite neutral and it has that thicker exaggerated winged line and the bolder lips.

The first thing I am doing is applying my foundation which is Maybelline Dream Flawless Nude Foundation and concealing any imperfect areas such as discolouration. Then I am priming my eyelids and blending some white eyeliner over the lids.
 The first thing to do is apply a light beige cream eye shadow all over the lid ad blend into the crease.
Using a precise brush, I am tracing the crease with a matte mid-toned brown shade and blending all the way through the natural crease line, and blending towards the brow bone, outer corners and inner corners.
Pat a shimmer champagne shade on the lid and blend gently into the crease. Deepen the outer third of the crease with a darker matte brown. Use a precise brush to blend this onto the outer third of the lower lash line. Then fill the rest of the lower lash line with the same champagne shade. 
Apply a white eyeliner on the waterline and blend so it doesn't look so harsh. Use a gunmetal coloured pencil liner and apply this directly on the bottom edge of the water line in between the base of the lashes.
 
Use a liquid eyeliner to very thinly draw a line on the upper lash line, then create an exaggerated wing on the outer corners, drawing up towards the edge of the brow to lift the eye. Even I struggled with doing a longer and thicker wing, so it may take some time to get this right. I used cotton buds with some Micellar water on it to clean any smudges or mistakes around the wing.
 
Curl your lashes and apply a generous amount of mascara on the upper lashes and some on the lower lashes. You can do the extra step of applying false lashes if you want to.
 
For blush I used MAC Powder Blush in Lovecloud.
 
On my lips I used Essence Lip Liner in Honey Berry and Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Colour Lipstick in Ultra Violet.

SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review