Makeup House Keeping

Hey guys

Today I wanted to do a blog post on good makeup house keeping, which if you don't know what it means, its basically how to store makeup properly and how long to keep makeup for. I get very OCD about makeup keeping, particularly mascaras. Some of my friends will know that I freak out about mascaras - if someone says they have a mascara they use for over. A certain amount of months I freak out, like seriously. Anyway, looking after your makeup is important because it prevents build up of bacteria and mucky stuff.

I'm going to begin with Mascara. My first house keeping tip is to replace your mascara every six months. After six months, you get a build up of bacteria that can cause infections and the transfer of bacteria to your eyes. Not nice, is it? My second tip is do not pump your mascara! I stress about this so much, if you keep pumping your mascara multiple times each time you apply it, you are drying it out more, so you get about three months worth of product.

The next product is liquid eyeliner. Again, don't pump it becaus exactly the same happens. Liquid eyeliner lasts a little bit longer than mascara. You will need to replace it every 6-12 months.

Next, lipgloss. Again, don't pump the wand into the product. Change a lipgloss every 12-18 months.

Eyeshadow lasts at least 2 years, the same as lipstick. Pencil eyeliner/lip liner will last at least three years.

Now you know how long makeup lasts and I hope this inspires you to organise your makeup for spring, almost 'Spring Cleaning'. Coming soon is a blog post about new Spring Makeup so watch out for that and I will talk to you again soon :)

SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review