Weather Inspired: Rainbow Eyes Tutorial

Hey everyone


Recently I had a poll on my blog about which tutorial series you want me to do next and 50% of votes were celebrity and 50% were for weather but since the Weather one was voted for first I'll be doing that, then the celebrity inspired one will follow after the three weather inspired looks I'm doing. So today this tutorial I have seen loads of times on YouTube, Google and other blogs and I wanted to give it a try so I was quite pleased you guys voted for this first. If you haven't already guessed by the title, today's tutorial is 'Rainbow Eyes'. This look can be dressed up or down, you can simply wear the plain rainbow or you can add your own signature look to it by adding leopard print, zebra stripes, rhinestones, glitter - whatever you want really! I did some research on this - I typed rainbow eyes into Google and got hundreds of gorgeous designs so this is my version, I think it is quite wearable. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy this tutorial.

To do this look, you need a rainbow of colours. I used a reddish-pink, yellow, green, blue and purple. You also need a smallish brush used for mainly detail for inner corners, an angled brush, blending brush, liquid eyeliner, lash curler, mascara and a very light pink gloss. Oh, and don't forget your eye primer!




1) At the start of every tutorial, always apply a primer. I use MUA Eyelid Primer. To make the colours show up a little better I'm going to apply a small amount of MUA Colour Intense Eyeliner in White. 

2) Take a small eye shadow brush and apply a reddish pink to the inner corners of your eyes. These colours are from my Boots ColourTech complete makeup palette. 

3) Use a yellow eye shadow and place it next to the red. Blend together to get the orange and apply a little more yellow next to the orange.

4) Use a vivid green next to the yellow. All these colours should be brush width, that's why you need a small one. Blend the green and the yellow together. 


5) Take a bright, vibrant blue and add that right on the outer corner of your eye. Blend in with the green and take it into the outer part of your crease.

6) Use a bright vivid purple mixed with a lighter purple and use an angled brush to apply in the outer third of your crease. Blend with the blue and pull it out to blend with the green, yellow, orange and red. Apply a tiny amount of white, creamy eye shadow just to blend it out.

7) Use a cotton bud with makeup remover to clean up any eye shadow fall out. Then get the small brush again and repeat steps 2-6 underneath your eye. 

8) The next step is to line your eyes. So take your liquid eyeliner, mine is MUA Liquid Eyeliner, to draw the Sixties Flick liner and create a small wing, just so it separates the top and bottom colour. 

9) Curl your lashes and apply your mascara. Mine is NYC Showtime Mascara.

10) Finally, apply a light, sheer pink to your lips. I use MUA shade 2













So I hope you guys enjoyed this as much as I enjoyed creating it and I will see you in a few days for my next weather inspired look

SparkleEyes x

PS. For all you guys who LOVE maths (which can't me many!) Happy Pi Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review