ELF Cosmetics Review

Hey Guys

As you might have known, I purchased an order on ELF on Saturday and received the order on Tuesday. This post is the review and because I am at my work experience placement, unfortunately the video will have to be put up later today or this week.

Anyway, this is the review and the first thing I must comment on is the speedy delivery. I ordered it at the weekend so I knew that it wouldn't be dispatched until the next working day so I was expecting a wait. What I like about ELF, they send you an email when the package has been dispatched and will tell you when the products are arriving (mine said 1-5 working days). On Tuesday I didnt have to go in to my placement and quite glad I didn't because my order came that day.

As much as I love ELF, their packaging can be improved massively. One of the products I ordered was the Beauty Makeup Clutch Palette thing and the actually pallete wasnt even half the size of the box it came in. It seems to be that 40% of the money you pay goes towards the actual product and 60% goes towards the packaging. It seems mainly studio products have this problem and the more studio things you order the more packaging you get. Anyway it is a different story for some of the mineral products. I ordered a Festival SOS Bundle which included a mineral lip tint SPF 8. Honestly, the packaging was brilliant as it came in a box the size of the product so you didnt have a whole rubbish bag full of packaging! I also ordered a mineral eyelid primer which again had hardly any packaging.

The prices of ELF Products are slowly creeping up. Some studio items were originally £3.50 or thereabouts. When I looked for some studio items they had increased to £3.75. The basic ELF nail polishes they do were originally £1.50 and have now increased to £2.50. I loved ELF because of these prices and the products that were £1.50 were really good quality also. However, if anything, the nail polishes should be reduced. The first ever ELF order I made included nail polishes and some of them were really disgusting quality. The teal was a horrible consistancy and I was quite disappointed with the nail polishes.

As far as the quality of the products go, most of the ELF products are very easy to carry. The Makeup clutch I talked about earlier is very thin, light and easily packed into a suitcase or bag without adding any extra weight. The prices for some of the products could be reduced. My second ELF order was made when there was a freebie available, so I got it. It was the mini makeup collection and the price is shocking. For a tiny palette the size oh a hand and the thickness of both hands on top of each other, they wanted £15. I wouldn't pay that price for a palette that small, even if the palette was £5-£8 I might have considered it. Some of the products are easy to use. I got an eyeshadow eyeliner stick thing which you can just literally twist up and down as much as you want and dont actually need to sharpen it, which is quite handy. As far as the scent of the products I ordered are concerned, I got the coconut and vanilla lotion wipes which smell absolutley divine!! I refuse to use them because they smell so good and that will be a product I will order again!! I also got some shimmer sheets in the Bundle which are quite dark. It is good for people with darker skin tones because the shade was Bronze. I would have prefered any of the other colours but because I'm light skined they wouldn't suit me until towards the end of my holiday when I'm more tanned. If I would order them again it would be the golden or pink ones. The cream blush I got is a little too bright and will need lots of toning down if it is going to suit me. I need a stipple brush I think if I am going to use is because you need a good brush for good results. However, the actual container for the blush is big and not very easy to travel with, even in a suitcase so if you have the cream blush be careful travelling with it. I bought two radiance enhancers in golden and spotlight. They are both thicker than what I thought and you only need a tiny bit in the cupids bow or corner of your eye to catch the highlight. Again, quite simple to use, you just need to twist the bottom a few times to get it working. I got another plumping lip glaze in fire coral. I loved the other shade I had and decided to get the fire coral since it was in the sale!! I got two all over colour sticks in Lilac Petal and Pink Lemonade. Pink Lemonade is a very dark colour and probably better to use on my lips and the Lilac Petal is quite light so best used on cheeks or inner corners of the eyes. They are both very tiny products, I was thinking a lot bigger than that but they are quite pigmented but you need a good brush to get the colour if you need to. Finally (I think) I purchased the ELF mineral eyelid primer. It is exactly the same as the basic one just double the price. The basic one was out of stock so the mineral one was the next available. I lied, the makeup clutch palette! You get 32 different eye shadows which I LOVE! They are so incredibly pigmented and last a long time. You also get a face shimmer, eyebrow cream/powder, 2 blushes, bronzer and several lipglosses which I have yet to try out.

I think thats it but if not I will put in my next post.
Hope you liked reading the essay of a review (if I get graded I should get an A*!!)

I recommend trying ELF out because some of the products are pretty impressive and definatley worth the money, however some are a complete miss!
If you happen to be shopping on ELF any time soon now I believe there is a fifty per cent sale on ending soon so I hope my review helped you on making your decisions.


However, to make ELF even better It would be amazing if they opened up a shop in shopping centres with the full ELF range. This would be easier because then people don't have to worry about bank details online and it won't be a problem if their delivery gets lost in the post and there is no limit as to how much you can spend to get free delivery so of you only wanted one thing you don't have to pay the ridiculous P&P prices!!

Bye guys
SparkleEyes xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review