Maybelline 'The Blushed Nudes' Eye Shadow Palette

Welcome back! Today's review is about the newest 12-shade palette from Maybelline which is called 'The Blushed Nudes', £9.99, and this is the latest product into the 'nude' palette collection after the original 'The Nudes' Palette.

The style of the packaging is the same as the original Nudes Palette, except this one is a really pretty blushed rose colour which caught my eye fist and the lid has a transparent section where you can see all 12 of the gorgeous eye shadow shades.
 The palette is laid out with six shades on the top row and another six on the bottom row. The top row features more light colours and the bottom row has the more deeper shades. This palette in general is quite cool-toned with a few warmer shades thrown in, whereas the previous Nude palette was more on the warm side. There is also a duo ended eye shadow brush, one end is a sponge tip applicator and the other is a flat shader brush ideal for blending out harsh lines. The palette securely closes with a clip and overall the case of the palette, which is plastic, feels quite strong and sturdy.
 There are two different textures of eye shadow; shimmer and matte. I can see that there are more shimmery shades than matte shades. Since this is called the 'Blushed Nudes' there are cool and warm toned pink shades as the main colour theme, with a few silver toned grey shades to compliment the pinks and two darker shades to add depth and definition. Just like the other palette, the colours don't have any reference to shade names/numbers.
 The pigmentation of the shadows are quite good, they have decent pigmentation and great opacity, super smooth to the touch and effortless to blend. They apply really well without any fall out and are long lasting.
On the back of the palette it says you can create 13 looks using either two, three or four shades but I have created this makeup look using most of the shades.
 On a primed lid, the first shade I am using is the fifth shade on the top row and using a 228 Zoeva brush to buff this shade into the crease and blending it up and out towards the brow bone.
 Next with a 224 Zoeva brush, I am using a little bit of the fifth shade on the bottom row to deepen the crease colour and blending it all the way through the crease and fluffing it into the previous shade to get a blended transition.
 Next with a pencil brush, I am using the sixth shade on the bottom row to create a V shape on the outer and inner corners and then I'm going back in with the 224 brush to blend it out to eliminate harsh edges and to blend with the other colours.
 All over the lid, I am patting the second shade in on the top row and softening the joins between the darker shades.
 To add some gradient, I am using a precise shader brush to blend the first shade on the second row in between the lid shade and the outer/inner corner, and this is going to make the two shades merge into each other a lot better.
 Then I am taking the first shade on the top row to highlight the brow bone and to soften all edges.
On the tear duct, I am mixing the third top and bottom shades and using a pencil brush to apply that.
On the lower lash line, I am applying a gradient of colour starting with the third shade on the bottom row into the fourth shade on the same row and finally a little bit of the sixth shade on the bottom row right on the outer third into the outer corners.  
 To finish the eyes, I am just patting a tiny amount of the palest shade on the centre of the lid where it catches the light.
 Finally I am using the Maybelline Gel Liner and Lash Sensational Mascara to complete the makeup look.
 
 
Overall I love this palette. I prefer this one to the original 'Nudes' palette as this has a different tone of nude shades rather than the typical neutral brown colours. I love the range of shades available especially the pink shades as these colours really enhance my blue eyes. I think the shadows are really great quality, definitely good value for money and it certainly is a nude eye shadow palette with a difference!
 
What are your thoughts on the Blushed Nudes palette?
 
Follow me on Twitter and Bloglovin to keep up to date with all my posts, and to be the first to see my next post on Friday!
 
SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review