Goodbye 2015... Hello 2016!

Happy New Year! Here at the start of 2016, I wanted to take a trip down memory lane and reflect back on my year of blogging, looking back at the good, the bad and the ugly. In 2015, I published 158 blog posts which is the most posts I've ever done in a year. In the last twelve months there's been heaps of reviews, countless makeup tutorials and more.

This year I have discovered some different products that I have absolutely fallen in love with, they're definitely on my 'repurchase' list. Here is a countdown of the top 10 beauty products I found in 2015.

10. Miss Sporty Perfect Stay Concealer
This is a recent discovery, but I love it! It's super creamy, buildable consistency and not cakey at all. It is perfect for under the eyes or to eliminate any minor blemishes.
 
9. Makeup Revolution Beyond Flawless
I loved this palette earlier in the year and I still do, but the reason why it is number 9 is because I've found other palettes which I've loved more. This is a great palette for anyone who wears makeup occasionally but wants a natural eye shadow look. There is a great range of neutral shades with great pigmentation and are super easy to blend.
 
8. Seventeen Miracle Matte Concealer Crayon
I've been using this concealer for a few months now and I love it for under the eyes. It has a slight peachy undertone which is going to counteract the blue tones under my eyes and it's really easy to apply and blend and sits on the texture of my skin so brilliantly!
 
7. Collection Eyes Uncovered Nude Grey
When these palettes were released, they were so hyped up by bloggers and they are as amazing as everyone says. There are six shades and three different colour options and these are great for everyday wear.
 
6. Urban Decay Naked Smokey
This has to be one of my favourite purchases, only because it was one of the first things I bought with my first pay cheque from my new job. It was also my first 'high end' makeup purchase.
 
5. Maybelline Dream Flawless Nude Foundation
As I said a lot in 2015, I wasn't a huge foundation lover. That being said, when I found this foundation it changed my mind and I have been using this constantly throughout the year. It is a lightweight foundation with great coverage. Easy to apply, easy to wear, fantastic product.
 
4. The Balm Nude Dude
This palette has just missed out on my top 3 favourites, but I love it because the nude shadow shades are great for everyday, they're also good for evening wear and I've recommended this palette to so many people; its amazing.
 
3. Makeup Revolution Pro Brush Cleanse Tool
If you're like me and you have a lot of makeup brushes and absolutely hates the chore of cleaning them, this is the product for you. The bumpy edges of this cleanse tool really buff away the dirt and makeup out of makeup bristles leaving them perfectly clean.
 
2. Essence All About Matte Fixing Compact Powder
Just missing out on the top spot is this powder that I use on a daily basis without fail! I love it for mattifying my skin without any heavy coverage and it feels lightweight on the skin. A must-have product for oily-combination skin types.
 
1. Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara
Now my top favourite makeup product is this mascara, that I use so much and absolutely adore. It significantly enhances the length and volume of my lashes, making them look fabulous! This is definitely my go-to mascara and a product I have repurchased over and over again!
 
 
In 2015, I loved all of the makeup tutorials that I did. This year was when I decided that I wanted to have a makeup artist career and since February time I've learnt new skills and techniques so here is a countdown of my top 10 makeup tutorials!
 

This was the first tutorial I did in 2015 and I also started to do proper photos using my camera and I loved how much difference of quality it made. Romantic Efflorescence is my favourite palette from MUA and I just think this is a really pretty makeup look.
 
 At Number 9 is the makeup tutorial I did on my Mum for Halloween this year and this was the most fun to do out of any makeup look I've done so I had to include it in this countdown!
 
Back in February, I was still obsessed with leopard print and created this makeup tutorial about it and I love it! It's always been one of my favourites and also one of the very first makeup looks I did EVER!
 
 At number 7 is this gold glam eye look that when I did it, I was so proud of it!
 
 I was so happy with how this makeup look turned out, and to put the cherry on the top, MUR actually shared my link to this post to their Facebook which I was so delighted and over the moon about!
 
 The Nude Dude Palette was one of my favourite purchases in 2015 and is my favourite nude eye shadow palette! I love this look because even though it is a nude toned palette, it looks a bit more bold especially with that sharp edge and the lashes.
 
Just missing out on the top 3 is Masquerade Ball Makeup Tutorial which is actually the makeup I wore to our masquerade themed leavers ball from Sixth Form.
 
 Strictly is one of my favourite TV shows, I created this sparkly and dramatic makeup tutorial inspired the glitz and glamour!
 
At number 2 is the New Years Eve Makeup Tutorial I created recently and I love this the second most because the combination of the eyes and the lips aren't typically what would go together but for this, it works! I would definitely wear something like this for a night out, I love it!
 
My favourite look of 2015 is the Cruella de Vil Makeup Tutorial! She's my favourite Villain, I actually dressed up as her for RAG Week in Sixth Form! I had so much fun getting into a different character and getting inspiration from one my favourite Disney films to create this makeup.
 
Now that we have arrived in 2016, I have five goals I would like to achieve for my blog.
1. Spend at least one hour a day planning and brainstorming future posts
2. Dedicate one day a week or every two weeks to bulk writing/photographing content
3. Try more new things on my blog every month
4. Invest in a blog template
5. Improve on intros and outros on posts
 
I'll do an update in a few months time to see how far I've managed to get with my goals but for now, thanks for reading my blog in 2015, I hope you have a happy and healthy 2016!
 
Make sure to come back Wednesday for my first 'official' blog post of 2016 where I review 'The Blushed Nudes' Palette from Maybelline.
 
SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review