Maybelline Baby Lips Balm and Blush

We have Baby Lips and Baby Skin from Maybelline, but the most recent addition into the collection is the Baby Lips Balm and Blush, a multi-use product for use on the lips and cheeks. These retail at £4.99 each and there are four shades in a great range of colour options.

I love multi-tasking products. They save space in your makeup bag when travelling and one of my most favourite multi-use products is using a lipstick or gloss as a cream blush. This is the concept with these Baby Lips Balms and Blushes, you can use them as a lip balm or as a cream blush.
The packaging looks really cute, the lids unscrew off and you hold the top of these products to apply. The shape of the tops make it really easy to hold, therefore making it easy to apply. The shape of the balm/blushes remind me a lot of the EOS lip balms but the general packaging of them makes them stand out. When I took these to the tills at Superdrug, the cashier even said they look 'nifty' which they do, they look really interesting and unique and the bold colours are eye catching.
There are four shades to choose from, ranging from pinks and peaches to bronze and a red.
This shade is 01 Innocent Peach which is possibly my favourite one. I love this both on the lips and the cheeks and this is a nice neutral everyday colour.
The next shade is called 02 Flirty Pink and this one is a very sheer electric pink colour which I like for the lips mainly, I would use this as a blush shade only depending on what the occasion is and what makeup I go for.
The next shade is called 05 Blooming Ruby which is a reddish pink which I love for the lips but on my cheeks I think it's a bit too red.
 Finally we have 06 Shimmer Bronze which is a nice neutral shade for both the lips and the cheeks.
The pigmentation of these are very sheer, however they're nice for a subtle wash of colour across the apples of the cheeks or the lips. I think these would be great for Springtime or even in Summer as they feel very lightweight and kind of have a pastel finish. As a blush, once applied to the cheeks, they do feel a little bit sticky for a while but they soon dry and settle onto the skin nicely and last a decent amount of time. You can also blend them out easily for a more natural finish. As a lip balm, they rehydrate lips really well while providing colour which lasts for a couple of hours. As they are multi use, I also think these will be great for travelling with as they won't take up too much space and they don't weigh a lot either. I can't really fault these majorly, I like how easy they are to apply, how they wear and the packaging.
 
What is your favourite tips to multi-use products?
 
Beth x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review