Valentines Day Makeup Tutorial

This Sunday is Valentines Day and I have created this romantic halo eye makeup look which partners beautifully with either a bold pink or a subtle pink lip making it perfect to wear for during the day or night.

I am using the Blushed Nudes palette from Maybelline for this look and this has the perfect shades for a romantic smoky Valentines look.
After priming my lids with a base, I am using the fifth shade along on the top row and I am buffing this through the crease as my first transitional colour.
Next I selected the third shade on the top row and patted this all over the lid and then went back in with the previous brush to blend them together into the crease.
Then with a pencil brush I traced out the Outer V of the eye using the darkest shade in the palette.
Then I started to blend out that dark line using the fifth shade on the bottom row and I used a 231 Zoeva brush to buff the shades together and to blend out the colours into a gradient across the lid.
Then I repeated the same process with the same colours on the inner corner and this is going to create that halo effect.
Next on the centre of the lid I patted the lightest shade on top and then used it to highlight, and then I went back in with the darkest shade from before and deepened the outer and inner V.
On the lower lash line I did the same effect as the top to balance it out, starting with the lightest shades first and then the darkest shades on the outer and inner third.
Then I used a black kohl liner on the upper and lower lash line.
I finished off the eyes by applying a flick and mascara.
On the cheeks I used the new Maybelline Baby Lips Balm and Blush in Innocent Peach across the apples of the cheeks and then layered MUA Blush in Candyfloss over the top. I also used a Makeup Revolution Bronzer to add some warmth to my complexion just to add a bit of contrast between the cool toned eyes. On my lips I used the Kiko Intensively Lavish Lipstick in 05 with Estee Lauder Pure Colour Gloss in Nude Rose over the top.
If you wanted to add even more glamour to the eyes, a pair of flirty lashes will go great with this look and to take it a step further you can even add some glitter or a shimmery finish to the lids or lower lash line.
Have you got any special plans for Valentines Day? I will be tucked up in bed watching some films with a huge pizza and some chocolate by myself because as Miranda Hart said...
Yep. Source.

 
Next week is my birthday and I am doing two different makeup looks so remember to come back to see them!
 
Beth x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review