Birthday Makeup Tutorial

Tomorrow is my 19th birthday and this is the makeup I will be wearing tomorrow night when I go out for a meal and a few* drinks and I decided to go with a glamorous gold eye makeup look with a nude lip and of course I had to use some glitter.. how could I not, it is my birthday!
I am starting by prepping the skin by applying moisturiser and a primer on my face and my eyelids to give the makeup something to hold on to. I am also sticking a piece of tape against the eye at an angle in line with the end of the lower lash line and arch of the brow.
The first shade I am using is 'Crème Brulee' by Makeup Geek on a Zoeva 228 brush and I am using circular motions to buff 2-3 layers of this shade all the way through the crease.
 Moving onto 'Cocoa Bear' from Makeup Geek and a 227 Zoeva brush, I am blending this colour into the lower part of the crease and more on the outer half and using a clean blending brush to soften the two shades together.
 With the same brush and 'Mocha' by Makeup Geek, I am pressing this shade into the outer V of the eye and using gentle sweeping motion with a blending brush to blend it into the previous shades to eliminate harsh lines.
 Moving onto the new Max Factor Contouring Eye Shadow Palette in Golden, I am selecting the fourth shade in and patting this all over the lid and softening the distinction between the shades.
 From the same palette I am taking the darkest shade and a 234 brush from Zoeva and pressing this precisely into the outer V and blending it with a 221 Zoeva brush for a fluffier effect.
 For the glitter I am using the Collection Glam Crystals Liner in Funk and applying 2-3 coats of this across the lid. Remember to keep your eyes closed until it is dry to prevent it from transferring to the upper lid.
 With the tape still in place, I am creating my winged line using MAC Fluidline Gel Liner and extending the wing into a really precise tip following the length of the tape.
 Moving onto the lower lash line, I am using a 231 Zoeva brush to blend Crème Brulee, Cocoa Bear and Mocha in a light to dark gradient from inner corner to outer corner and then using the MAC Gel Liner on the lower waterline.
 For the nude lips, I first lined them with Essence Lip Liner in the shade In the Nude and then applied Essence Lipstick in Shade 5. On the top I used Sleek Matte Me Lip Gloss in Birthday Suit.
 After applying my foundation I then went in with the new L'Oreal Infallible Sculpt Contour Kit to enhance the natural shadows on my face. For blush I used the new L'Oreal Contouring Blush Sculpt in Soft Sand Ambre across the apples of the cheeks and then added some warmth to the skin using the Miss Sporty Instaglow Bronzer in Sunny Brunette and set everything with a powder.
 I then added a pair of false lashes and I used the Superdrug Lashes in Volume Edition 21.
 
Remember to come back in my next post to see the other makeup look I will be wearing on Friday!
 
Beth x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review