Ssh... My 80p Brush Cleaning Secret?

Yes. 80p. You read that right. Cleaning makeup brushes is such a massive chore that I hate doing since I have so many brushes that I use often and to avoid the spread of bacteria - it is a chore that needs doing. I've tried several different brush cleaning techniques but my favourite product for cleaning the brushes costs just 80p. Yes... 80p!

I have used a range of different brush cleaners with different price ranges but the most effective one I have used by FAR is this coconut shampoo from Sainsbury's, retailing at 80p. Have I mentioned that yet...? This shampoo gently, and deeply, cleanses brushes leaving a very subtle scent to the bristles and the best part is that it doesn't damage the bristles either!
I also use a brush cleansing tool; the Makeup Revolution Pro Brush Cleanse Tool makes cleaning eye brushes so much easier. It has a bumpy side which really buffs out the dirt and old makeup from the bristles without damaging them. I also really like the new Real Techniques Brush Cleansing Pad for larger face brushes.
 For this demonstration, I've got four eye brushes that have been used with eye shadow so you can see a before and after.
Firstly apply a bit of the shampoo to the bumpy edges of the brush cleansing tool. A little goes a long way with this product so don't use a lot at once.
Then dampen the bristles of the brush and then work the tip of the brush back and forth along the bumpy edges until the bristles are clean.
Then clean off excess shampoo under running water until all it is completely clean using the same motion as before with the shampoo.
And voila! One perfectly clean brush! Squeeze out the excess water and remember to always hold the tip of the bristles down to avoid the water running back down the handle and this is going to avoid damaging the glue which holds the bristles in place. Leave them out flat or with the bristles gently resting at a downward angle until they are completely dry. Then they can be reshaped and are ready to use again!
How do you clean your makeup brushes?

Beth x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review