Marilyn Monroe Inspired Makeup Tutorial

For today's tutorial I was inspired by 1950s style icon, Marilyn Monroe, the ultimate Hollywood Glamour Goddess. I recreated a very glamorous glittery gold eye with staple Hollywood style red lips.

The first thing that I am doing is using a brightening primer to achieve the same luminosity as Marilyn's complexion and I am using the Barry M Flawless Brightening Primer.  
Then I am just taking the Maybelline Baby Skin Primer in my T Zone to fill in any pores or fine lines.
I am using a heavier coverage foundation and the one I am using is the Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid Foundation.
Next I am imitating a heart shaped face by using cream and powder contours to alternate my face shape.
Moving onto the eyes, I am starting with a cream eye shadow pencil in a brown shade to trace a rough outline of the crease which I'm going to draw just about my natural crease line.
Then I am using the Collection Eye Shadow Pencil in Vanilla Sky all over the lid and using my finger to blend it in. To set the cream shadow, pat a same colour powder eye shadow over the top.
To make the crease colours easier to blend later, I am sweeping a light taupe eye shadow into the crease.
To intensify the lid colour, I am patting an opaque layer of a light gold eye shadow on the top.
To give this look a bit more of a modern twist, I used a glitter gel liner across the lid to add some gold sparkle.
To deepen the crease, I then blended a darker brown into the previous crease shades and blended with the lid.
Finish off by defining the eyes with a slick winged liner.
Complete the look by applying some false lashes and mascara.
Marilyn Monroe has the classic red lip so to start off I used a nude lip liner to create the imitation of bigger lips. Then I applied a red lip liner and lipstick.
Of course, don't forget to use a black eyeliner to create a little dot 2cm above the lip to imitate a beauty spot, similar to Marilyn's!


Beth x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review