Skincare Routine January 2016

It's been a while since I've talked about my skincare routine and it has actually changed since the last time I did a post about it which was back in March 2014. I have really minimised how many products I actually use and I found the perfect products that suit the type texture of my skin and I've noticed how much clearer my skin looks.

The first step in my skincare routine is to remove my makeup and I use the Garnier Simply Essentials 2 in 1 Makeup Remover and this is the best makeup remover I've tried by far, it removes every trace of makeup even waterproof mascara and face makeup without leaving the skin oily. I prefer oil-based cleansers as I find they get the makeup off better than other removers. I use a little bit of this on a cotton pad, hold it on my closed eyes for a few seconds and then work it back and forth really gently to lift the makeup off the skin. For my face I use a new cotton pad with a bit of the remover and just swirl this around the face and it takes the makeup away with it.  
 After removing the makeup, I cleanse my skin and I've been using the Clearasil Daily Clear Hydra Blast Skin Perfecting Wash for a few months now and I found that it really helped to clear my skin and reduce my pores without making my skin feel dry or tight. Clearasil are definitely one of my go-to brands for cleansers as every one that I've used has been so good.
 Now it is time to exfoliate my skin to remove any dead skin cells and to remove any blackheads and I love the St Ives Naturally Clear Apricot Scrub. This has been my favourite exfoliator for ages and ages, it isn't too rough on my skin and it leaves the texture of my skin feeling absolutely soft.
 Next to make sure that all the traces of makeup has been removed I like to quickly sweep some of the B. Micellar Water over my eyes and complexion and this acts as a toner by restoring pH balance and refreshes my skin.
 Once a week I like to use a face mask and I use a different one each week and the latest one I used was the Anti Aging Moisture Mask by Superdrug and this is a lightweight creamy consistency that just rehydrates my skin.
Finally on my complexion I just replace any moisture lost with the Garnier Moisture Match Oily to Combination moisturiser and this is a mattifyying formula which is great for my skin type. I only need to use a little bit of this as well.
 Finally I use a lip balm on my lips and at the moment I'm using the Vaseline Sugar Coated Limited Edition Lip Balm.
What is your number 1 go-to skincare product?
 
Be sure to follow me on Twitter and Bloglovin to keep up to date with my latest blog posts and to peep inside my makeup bag in my next post!
 
SparkleEyes x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review