My Week in Corfu

Hey guys, welcome back to my blog, its been a while since I've posted here but I have been on holiday and I've dedicated a lot of my time and attention to my job as I am currently in-training to become a key-worker which is basically like a manager, so I will be given a lot more responsibility and authority so that is really exciting, but today I am showing you some holiday snaps from my week in Corfu.

We had an early flight to catch on Monday morning but that didn't stop us from enjoying a Buck's Fizz Breakfast at Wetherspoons at 6 in the morning!

We stayed at the Mareblue Beach Resort in St. Spyridon which was a two hour coach transfer from the airport. The scenery on the way down the rocky mountain roads were absolutely stunning and the grounds of the hotel were also incredible. The rooms were housed in bungalows with James Bond themed names and we stayed in Solitaire which was only a few steps away from an adult-exclusive relax pool!

 There was also another pool at the bottom of the hotel overlooking the seafront where they did various activities and where they had a pool bar, an outdoor restaurant and where evening entertainment was held. The views of the sea were incredible, during the daytime you could see Albania quite clearly.
 
 
 
 
 

It was just my Mum and I who went this time. I hadn't been to Corfu before but my mum had been a few times almost 30 years ago!!
 
 
Along the promenade that trailed the seafront allowed you to spectate the gorgeous views of the sea, sun and sand. At one end was a wooden walkway that you could step out on if you were brave enough, and the other end was another beach which was the best place to see the sunset.

Wednesday night was Greek Night at the hotel which started off as a fun night, but the problem with all-inclusive hotels is the free alcohol! Let's just say I didn't see much of Thursday... From what I remember of Greek Night, it was a really fun night. We learnt some Greek dancing, smashed some plates and tried some Greek food at dinner, not forgetting trying a taste of Ouzo (a Greek version of Sambuca!)
On the Friday night we had booked to eat in the Pizzeria restaurant, one of the two outside restaurants. It was a really nice meal and the pizza was absolutely delicious!
 We also managed to get a booking at the very busy, very posh 'Olives' a la carte restaurant which was a five-course meal served overlooking the sea.
 There were also lots of cats at the hotel so I was in my element as I love cats haha!
On the Saturday night we had a bit of a dance and at this point I wasn't even drunk so not sure what came over me here!
Overall we had a really good week full of fun and relaxation and we might be looking to go back very soon as well.
 
That's it for now, I'll be back very soon with some exciting new content!
 
Beth x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review