Haul | Back to School September 2013













Summer is nearly over and in just over a weeks time people will be going back to school. Today I went out and bought my back to school stationary because I am going into my first year of Sixth Form in September. I was film this video with a voice over but I am losing my voice and have got a really bad sore throat and getting a cold and that was the last thing I want my readers to hear so instead it is the good 'ole traditional photo way. 


The first thing that you will need for going back to school is a pencil case to put your supplies in. I got this really cute Surf Floral 3 Pocket Pencil Case, £4.99 in WHSmiths. I wanted a 3 pocket one because that way your supplies are more organised, especially if you are in higher education when you need more stuff and when pens and pencils aren't given to you. I've had 3 pocket pencil cases before and I really liked them, mainly because it made everything organised because if you have a single pocket pencil case then you have to rummage through it all to find one thing and that used to annoy me so I got this. 

Fineliners like these are really good for revision, making posters, taking notes, drawing and more. Last year in school I bought the Steadtler fineliners and felt tips for £6 each. I was going to buy some new ones for the year but everywhere I looked was too expensive. I had to go to Sainsburys and I found these Stabilo 0.88 inch fineliners in 10 colours for £2.49. That is good enough for me...
I wanted to buy some plastic folder wallets to stick in the back of my ring binder for my photography work to keep the photos nice. I forgot to get them when I was shopping but luckily found these Popper Wallets in Sainsburys for £1.99. They come in 3 colours- red, blue and white. Very patriotic, I think. My folder is pink so I stuck the white (well, clear) in the back of my folder.
Pencils are useful for drawing and for use in Maths. I picked up these pack of 5 Steadtler Noris Pencils for £2.49 in Ryman in the 3 for 2 offer. 
What do you need to write with? Oh yes, that's right. A pen! I picked up 10 black ballpoint biro pens in the 3 for 2 offer in Ryman for £1.99. I use black ink for my work and these are actually nice pens to write with.
You may have seen these pens in a haul before. I got them from Ryman for £1.99 and they are also good for note taking and presentations and stuff like that. I like the colours and these are nice, durable and long lasting pens to write with.
I got a 30 cm ruler as opposed to a 15 cm one because I think it might be a bit more useful instead of a short one because if you have a long line to draw you have to keep moving the ruler and that drives me mad. I chose the pink one because it matches my folder :) but anyway, this is the 30cm/12" ruler from Helix in Ryman for 99p. 
I found this crystal pen in The Works for 99p and I was going to buy one but it was £2.99 a few weeks ago so I seized the opportunity to get one with a pink crystal in the end of the pen. It has black ink and a fine tip so its nice for writing. 
In Sixth Form we need to buy notebooks for class so I got 2 A4 refill pads for 99p each. The paper quality is 70 gsm and I tested writing in one and it seems nice and smooth. I have put one in my binder because these pads are hole punched and after I have finished writing for the lesson I just rip the page out and put it in the right section of my folder. 
This is the infamous binder I have mentioned. I got the hot pink one for 99p in The Works. It has the 2 rings and lays flat when you open it and fits 60 punched wallets, pad of paper and a plastic folder with room to spare. 

















I got 60 punched pockets in The Works for £1.99. These are for work that I get that isn't hole punched for example and just keeps work neat and crease free. 











Highlighters, 99p, The Works, are good for revision to highlight key points to remember. I found these and opened them and they have a thin nib because if they have a thick tip they highlight more than what you want which is annoying.










Bargain of the day, me thinks. I got a rubber and sharpener for 79p in the Works. That is good enough for me as well. 












So I hope you enjoyed this haul and hope that it gives you some idea of stuff to get. The total of this haul is £22.67 so it is quite cheap and good value. Hopefully the next time I need to but this lot of stuff is next year. 

See you guys soon for folder and pencil case organizing ideas and back to school outfit, hair and makeup ideas.

SparkleEyes xx







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review