Sri Lanka Airlines Review

Hey guys

For me, its holiday time again! Earlier today I arrived in Sri Lanka and after a 4 hour car journey to the hotel I am pretty knackered... Right now I am sitting in the bar with a Sprite (how dare they not have coke?!) and waiting to go for dinner. So glad the hotel has free wi-fi!!! Anyway this time last year I got back from Bali and did a review of Thai Airlines and today I decided to review Sri Lankan airlines. 

We have never flown with Sri Lankan airlines before because we haven't been here before. My first thought of the actual plane was that it was old. It wasn't rickety or anything, except for turbulence which there was a lot of! The seats were quite uncomfortable and felt old...? And the remotes for the TV were the old kind. Basically, it is not the most modern airline. Thai was a lot nicer last year. 

Checking the in-flight entertainment on the website, it only listed March and April which obviously is delayed... The films were not latest releases, they were mainly world cinema and not a lot of children options (not that i'm a child, bit it was just something I noticed). The films were old films from 1960s mainly and that was disappointing. 

As far as cabin crew go, the stewardesses on the flight were really helpful and friendly. On the menu, my grandma was not able to eat anything on there so one stewardess got a meal from first class for her. I refuse to eat on planes because I hate the food and the  stewardess kept offering me stuff throughout because I wasn't eating the meals. The uniforms for stewardesses were beautiful and they could not do enough for you.

Overall, I had high expectations for this airline but it was a let down for me when I stepped onboard. According to my mum's friend who went to Sri Lanka a few months ago, his plane still had ash trays in the seats and smoking has been banned on planes since about the 1980s. 

So I am going to go enjoy my first night here and see you guys soon.

SparkleEyes x








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review