Back to School Makeup Bag Essentials

With the start of a new school year just around the corner (unfortunately), I have some essential makeup products to survive the new term.

 The first thing is a heavy duty concealer like the Seventeen Phwoarr Paint Under Eye Concealer. Not only does this have a peach undertone to counteract blue tones under the eyes, it can also be used to erase any other imperfections such as blemishes. This is also long lasting and you can either apply it with a concealer brush or your finger using the internal mirror. 
 Who wants to carry round individual blusher and bronzer compacts? I love using a duo blusher and bronzer compact like this one from L&B and it has a very subtle pigmentation which is great for school. This can be applied using a fluffy face brush.
 To set the concealer and to keep shine under control throughout the day, a mattifying face powder, like MUA Matte Perfect Loose Powder, is essential. This can be applied with the same fluffy face brush to save space in your school makeup bag.
 Another essential survival product is mattifying sheets like the ELF Shine Eraser Sheets. These quickly absorb excess oil without the hassle of applying powder all through the day.
 Don't neglect your brows - use an eyebrow kit to define them. I like the MUA Pro-Brow Kit because it has a natural finish without creating over dramatic brows.
 Keep your eye makeup in place all day long using an eyelid primer like the MUA Pro-Base Primer.
 A neutral eye is the best for everyday school makeup. I love the ELF Brightening Eye Colour in Nouveau Neutrals and I apply this with a mini duo eye shadow applicator and blending brush.
 If you are a liquid eyeliner wearer (like me) I highly recommend the Seveneen High Drama Intense Liquid Eyeliner in Blackest Black for all-day wear. This is by far my favourite liquid eyeliner and lasts for 25 hours.
 For mascara, I love to use No 7 Intense Volume Mascara in Black. This is a volumising mascara and I have the mini version which is best for taking around in my bag.
For my lips, I love using tinted lip balms and for school I use a light one like the ELF Jumbo Lip Crayon in Pink Umbrellas. This is a sheer wash of colour that also conditions the lips.

So I hope you guys liked this back to school 'survival' makeup essentials and stay tuned for my back to school makeup tutorial.

SparkleEyes x

Comments

  1. This is such a great post, very inspiring!

    http://theperksofmeg.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review