St Ives Naturally Clear Apricot Scrub First Impression Review

The time came for me to get a new face scrub and I have never really found a face scrub that is right for me and my skin. I have used so many in the past including Garnier, Good Things and Vitamin E by Superdrug and none of them really impressed me enough to repurchase them. I had bought the travel sized version of the St Ives Face Scrub for my holiday and when I got back I wanted to buy a full sized one because I really liked it. I bought this in Superdrug and there were several options to chose from; the original one for all skin types, one for sensitive skin and one for oily skin. I got the one tailored for oily and blemish prone skin and this retails at £3.99.

My first impression was that the scent of this was apricot and I don't really like apricots but this has such a nice scent I don't care if I don't like them. It isn't an overpowering scent either which is why I like using this and it lingers on the skin as well which I like.

The formula of this scrub is a lot thicker than the other scrubs I have used and has natural exfoliants to whisk away skin cells and unclog pores. According to the packaging, it 'effectively lifts away surface oils and dirt that can lead to blackheads and blemishes.

I tested some of the product on the left side of my face in order to compare it to the right. The left side feels a lot smoother and feels less oily as well which is good for oily skin types. It also helps that it is an oil free product.
These are the most used skincare products in a week and what I am using in conjunction with the face scrub. Pink pot: Simple Day Cream, Blue Pot: Simple Night Cream, Simple Refreshing Facial Wash Gel, St Ives Naturally Clear Scrub, Beauty Formulas Pore Strip, Simple Soothing Facial Toner, Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser.

The directions on the back of the bottle states to use this 3-4 times a week. Next week I will do an in-depth review after using and testing it for one week.

SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review