MUA Cosmetics Review

Hey everyone

Last week for my birthday, I went shopping and while I was in Superdrug and I  picked up some things from MUA (Makeup Academy). There are some products here I haven't tried, one product I have but not this particular name. I actually fell in love with this brand when it was a very small company when everything was £1! Then the company expanded which made me very happy and so I tried   these products and I have mixed reviews.



The first product I am reviewing is the BB Cream. This is £4 in the MUA online store (www.muastore.co.uk) or in Superdrug (www.superdrug.com). I wanted a BB Cream because I find foundation is too heavy and is bad for your skin and I started to go off tinted moisturizer. Anyway, for the price in general is OK for the product. I bought Shade Medium last week and I think this is a bit too dark for me even though the medium and light shade are very similar. The BB Cream is easy to blend. For me, this is going to be mixed with something lighter to get my accurate shade. Anyway, the product promises it will prime, smooth and conceal. As far as conceal goes, the darker or redder the imperfection is, this is not for you. If you have small breakouts or spots that aren't too big and the redness on your face isn't bright or any under eye circles aren't too dark, this will be perfect for you. Like I said, this is easy to blend and doesn't feel heavy. 












The next product is the Gel Eyeliner in Black or 'Underground'. This is one of the new products for the Professional Range, available for £3. I bought this because I was interested to see how different it was compared to my normal liquid liner. There is a special brush for this which is in the lid (took me a while to figure that out). Anyway, as far as the brush is concerned, I was always under the impression an angled brush was best for this type of eyeliner. With this, you get a thin brush which I thought would cause weird lines but this is pretty accurate once you get the hang of it. You need a generous amount of liner on the brush for it to look good. Too much product, the liner gets cakey, too little you will need to keep reapplying. Overall, this is an advanced product, I wouldn't really recommend this if you're not good at applying eyeliner but if you have a steady hand this is a good product, but I suggest using a stencil or a straight edge if you're doing a winged eyeliner. 


The final product I bought from MUA last week was the Pro-Base Eye Primer. I still have my other MUA eye primer but this is my back up which I have tried out. The Pro-Base range is a new collection MUA have. The primer applies well and does keep your eye makeup put but I recommend dusting a light amount of translucent powder over it just to set it and because on my eyelids it did seem a bit oily. 



Anyway I hope you guys liked this review, but don't be put off by the negative comments, I really like this brand, there are products that I love more than others, products I haven't tried and I want to try so I'm considering spending a little bit more money here.
 
Just an update: This Sunday when I go to town I will most likely be going to superdrug and getting a few new MUA things becuase I don't know how I've managed it but I have three weeks worth of pcoket money in only a week and a half... anyway I have a list of some things worth trying from MUA, these products will be revealed when I buy them :)

See you guys soon :)
SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails