Skincare | Tips Using a Lemon

Hey guys


Today's blogtober is a little bit less related to Halloween, like I was planning to do, but because I love my viewers I might do 3 BlogTobers this week. Today's post is beauty tips with a lemon. Lemons can be used for a number of different purposes like cooking or baking with, putting on your glass in the summer or decoration, but it can be used for skincare too.



I didn't really get any inspiration to use a lemon. I knew some of the skincare uses for lemons already but I never really tried them. After trying them last night, I will be buying lemons religiously. At 30p each in Sainsburys, I can afford to dedicate my entire skincare routine to lemons.

Before I show you what to do with lemons, I need to throw a couple of notices here.
- If you have sensitive skin or are allergic to lemons or citrus etc, do NOT use these tutorials.
- The night before you use the lemon, cut it in half, wrap in cling film and put in the fridge overnight.
- Cleanse your skin first and make sure you wash it off. Then make sure your face is damp.

The first tutorial that I am going to show you is the Lemon Exfoliator. It's really easy - all you need is a lemon and a plate of about 2 hand fulls of granulated sugar. 





Take your sliced lemon out of the fridge and take the cling film off. Take one half of the lemon and dip it in the sugar. Use circular motions to gently rub the sugar into your skin, focussing on your T Zone where the most oil builds up. When you need to, dip the lemon into the sugar again and keep exfoliating. When you're done, rinse off the sugar. Rinse the sugar off the lemon and rub it over your face to brighten it and rinse off.

The next tutorial I am going to show you can be followed by the exfoliating tip. Squeeze the other half of the cold lemon into your hand or a bowl. Apply that lemon juice all over your face, paying close attention to anywhere there is breakouts. Rinse off the juice before it starts to sting. This is a really good acne treatment. The lemon contains an antistingent that shrinks and dries out spots. I had a spot on my forehead and after using pure lemon juice I virtually watched it shrink. Today it's not even visible. After using lemon juice and rinsing it off, splash your face with cold water and moisturise.

Voila!

So I hope you guys liked this and find this helpful and I'll do a halloween tutorial on Thursday for you guys

SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review