Happy 2014! Skincare and Makeup Tips to Try

Hey guys

So I hope you had a great Christmas break and had a fabulous new year. Sorry I have not been posting anything, there has been quite a serious family incident that has been restricting me, plus I have had work! mock exams and have been practicing for my theory test. It has been a very busy and stressful Christmas for me but for you guys I hope you had a relaxing break.

I decided to share with you guys some of my most useful and effective Skincare and makeup tips that you can try this year. 

The first of my tips is to get into the habit of cleansing your face every day, even if you do not wear makeup. Dirt, grease and oil can still clog up your pores so you need to remove that. My favourite Skincare products at the moment is the Olay Essentials range. I use the wipes, face wash, scrub, cleansing milk and toner. It sounds a lot, but it is definitely worth using it all. 

My next tip is to prime your face and eyes before face or eye makeup. You may do this already but for those of you who do not know what it is, it's something you would apply on clean, moisturised skin before makeup application. It will give the makeup something to stick to and keeps it in place for longer. It also gives you a smooth base before applying makeup. Even if you don't have a primer, I seriously recommend getting one. There are some really good inexpensive ones. My favourite one is currently from NYC and it is £3.99 I believe. If you are looking for one to splurge on, try the new Maybelline Baby Skin Primer, £7.99.

Another makeup tip is to curl your lashes before applying mascara. It is a great way to make your lashes look more volumised before mascara and makes your eyes look more awake. It definitely makes a difference in the way mascara looks. 

Another tip is to deep cleanse your face once a week with a face mask. I definitely recommend the Superdrug face mask sachets at 99p each; they provide a huge range of different flavours and are tailored to specific skin types as well, so it is easy to find one to suit you. 

The next makeup tip is to take care of your lips. It's winter right now and it is seriously cold, raining and miserable. I know right now in parts of America it is -50/-60 degrees so it is important to care for your lips. They become chapped and dry intensely. Before going to bed at night, apply a lip balm, such as the soothing Aloe Vera Vaseline and apply it again the next morning before makeup, if you use it. Apply it as many times as necessary during the day. Another thing to do it exfoliate lips. You could use a damp flannel, toothbrush, or if you want a special product, try one of the Lush lip exfoliators. They are made of natural ingredients; basically sugar and food flavouring and colouring. You can make your own mixing sugar with honey but the Lush ones are so good. 

So these were just a few tips for you guys because I should be revising for a mock tomorrow (-_-) so I'll leave it there. If you guys want to share any of your tips with me, comment or tweet me.

SparkleEyes x







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review