How to | Reduce The Appearance of Milia

Hey guys

For the last few years I have had these tiny white bumps underneath my eyes and now the time has come for me to actually want to get rid of them. I haven't actually been bothered by them before but now I am taking more consideration about the way I look and these tiny bumps are one of the things I want to get rid of. 

I was researching this condition and it is commonly known as 'Milia' (pronounced as mi.li.a- I googled it). Milia can affect anybody at any age but the most common age of milia is babies. They aren't a skin threat at all, they are unnattractive and are just annoying when it comes to applying makeup. Milia is small white bumps that appear under the skin when dead skin cells get trapped. It is caused because the skin has not been properly exfoliated and it will disappear without any drastic treatment.



A way to prevent it is to keep your face clean regularly, as you should do anyway. As a teenager or an adult you should be opting to clean your face twice a day, but only once if you are a child. As you clean your face use warm water to relax your pores then gently pat your face dry. 

To treat milia is to use an exfoliator. An exfoliator will unblock the pores and whisk away the dead skin cells that actually cause the milia. 

My favourite exfoliator is the one from the Vitamin E Skincare range, because it has oats that really scrub away unwanted flaws. For sensitive skin,  Olay Essentials do a face scrub which has less beads to exfoliate with and they are mixed in with a creamy cleanser as well so it's better if you want a gentler product.

I am definitely going to be trying this and I did try it today and the little bumps did seem to be reduced but it does appear to be a long process.


So I hope this post will help you as well

SparkleEyes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review