Essence Long Lasting Eye Pencils Review

Last month I went to Wilko after months of meaning to go there because they are a stockist of the brand Essence. I have not tried any Essence products before and I know that they are a really affordable and good quality products. I was facing the difficult choice of choosing what to get and I chose two of the Long Lasting eye pencils to begin with.
The two shades I got are '17 Tu-Tu-Touquoise' and '09 Cool Down'. I wanted to be a bit more adventurous with eyeliner shades for Spring and Summer and I decided to opt for blue tones. I always go for black liner because that is what I feel comfortable in but I'm trying new things to branch out of my comfort zone this year. Plus, I fell in love with these shades more than the other ones they had when I saw them.  
 
These pencils are super thin and twistable with super soft and creamy consistencies. The tip of the pencils are very precise allowing for more control during application and the thickness can be easily built up because of the thin tips. When using them, be careful to not twist them up to far, otherwise they snap. This was something I struggled with to begin with. The actual product itself is very light and very comfortable to hold and apply.
These are incredibly pigmented and look so gorgeous and make a great substitution from the traditional black line. They are so versatile, they can be used in combination with black liquid eyeliner for a subtle slick of colour or on their own for an intense pop of colour. They definitely wear better on the lash line compared to the waterline but they apply so easy and glided on effortlessly to my upper lash line.
They are long lasting and appear to be water resistant, and when I swatched them I tried smudging them but they stayed exactly where they were, which is a good thing because it shows they won't melt or smudge off during warmer weather.
 
Overall, I am so pleased with these eyeliners, they retail at the amazing price of £1.50 from Wilko's. They do exactly what they claim they do and I prefer the turquoise shade because I think is compliments the blue tones in my eyes really well and makes them look a bit more brighter and it's a nice wearable colour. I will definitely be picking up some new colours in the near future.
 
What is your favourite Essence product?
 
SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review