MUA Cosmetics Pro-Base Smooth, Set and Prime Review

The MUA Pro-Base Smooth, Set and Prime retails for £5 in Superdrug. This is a balm which primes the skin and creates a base for makeup application while flawlessly evening out complexion.
'Gently apply this smooth balm over the skin to cover fine lines and marks creating a perfect base in which to apply your makeup'.
This is such a smooth balm, like the packaging claims, and it is contained in a pot with a screw-top lid.
 The packaging also claims that this covers fine lines and marks, so hopefully when I apply this all the places that makeup settles in will be covered.
 
It took a while to apply this all over my face. I used my fingers to apply to my face and to blend out to begin with, then I actually took a foundation brush and applied it that way and blended it with my fingers and it was so much easier, however there was residue on my fingers which felt quite greasy. It feels weightless and blends out really easily. To begin with it felt really greasy on my skin but I used my fingers to go over it a few times and it did feel a bit more matte. I also hit pan on this really quickly so that means that there is not that much product in here and since this does cost £5 I think it isn't good value for money.
 
As for the claim that it covers fine lines and marks, I'm not completely convinced that it does. I have oily skin which means bigger pores than I should have and this product did pretty much nothing for that. I didn't notice much difference in the appearance of my complexion whatsoever but some of the smaller, I mean really small, marks on my skin did disappear.  
 
I applied foundation over this and I noticed that the foundation blended out so much easier and it lasted for a few hours too. After a while, the foundation had sunken into the marks in my skin which the primer was meant to prevent.
 
Overall, I'm not going to repurchase this because it felt so greasy at first and I would rather not sit at my table spending ages trying to work it into my skin so it goes matte like I found I needed to do and as for the price, £5 for the little amount of product you get is not worth it. Plus, a primer is an essential thing arguably, and having one that actually covers fine lines and pores as well as keeping your makeup in place is something that I would like to use. Unfortunately I just didn't like this.
 
What is your favourite primer?
 
SparkleEyes x 

Comments

  1. This doesn't sound great at all! No one wants greasy primer :(
    Alex // www.prettythoughtsx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's such a shame because MUA are a really great brand in terms of budget beauty, but unfortunately they have a few products not quite up to standard.

      SparkleEyes x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review