Maybelline Dream Flawless Nude Foundation Review

When I saw this new Maybelline Foundation advertised I instantly knew I had to try it. Like I've said before, I don't normally wear foundation because I don't like the feel of it and I've never found a foundation that is perfect for me. Hopefully, my opinion on foundation will have changed with this product.
The shade I have is shade 21 Nude Beige which unfortunately is a fraction too dark, and since reviewing this foundation I have finally found my perfectly matched shade, which is 10 Ivory. I feel like this colour would be great for during the summer when my skin gets slighter darker, which happens slowly in this country, but on holiday I have the shade 20 Cameo for my tanned skin which is slightly darker with a warmer undertone.
The applicator isn't like a normal foundation applicator. This is a tear-drop shape tip which is quite simple to use once you get the hang of it. To use this, simply shake the bottle well and drop the foundation onto your finger and apply to your face and blend out. I completely did the opposite and applied it on the back of my hand first, then used a foundation brush to dot onto my face, before blending with a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush.
This is a watery consistency which is different to a lot of foundations. For me, this seems like a huge mess waiting to happen but I was surprised to see how fuss-free it was. There is a really nice amount of product on the wand and I dip the wand back into the foundation and transfer it to my hand about two or three times and I find this gives me the best amount of coverage for my face.
Using the MUA Pro Base Smooth, Set and Prime base, I easily applied this onto my face and blended it out. It honestly looks so flawless and I can't see any imperfections at all. This has really good coverage and can be easily built-up without it going cakey. It looks weightless like I'm not wearing any foundation which is something I have been searching for, for such a long time! I use the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to buff into the skin which makes such a huge difference compared to using fingertips.
Overall, it looks absolutely flawless and I am so pleased with this foundation. I would highly recommend it. This retails for £8.99 in Superdrug or Boots.
 
Have you tried this foundation?
 
SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review